Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May: Beauty Favourites

I've been really excited to do my first ever 'beauty picks of the month' post and I have used so many lovely products throughout May, that it's been really difficult to choose only a handful! But I've finally narrowed it down to a selection of gorgeous items that I have used endlessly over the past four weeks. Included, are both body care and make up staples, however also a more recent product launch which I've been completely impressed with. Enjoy!


Rituals Yogi Flow Indian Rose & Sweet Almond Oil Shower Sensation.
This beautiful shower gel has been on offer in John Lewis this month and having only heard good things about it, I thought I would pick it up. I am so pleased I did! This is the most luxurious shower gel I have ever used. Whilst the foaming formula effectively refreshes, cleanses and fragrances, it also feels really delicate on the skin which I love. The scent is also lovely - I'm not a huge fan of anything that has an overpowering 'rosy' smell, but this is gorgeous and nuances of almond oil make it even more delicious. Because the gel lathers up so well, a little does go a long way with this product and one can has lasted me much longer than I expected. At the moment, you can pick up one of these striking fuchsia beauties at John Lewis for the discounted price of £5 - I'm stocking up!!


Real Techniques Core Collection Brushes.
These brushes have completely revolutionised my make up routine and I've only been using them for a few weeks. After reading so many flawless reviews about this collection in particular, I bought them off Amazon for about £17. For four make up brushes, which I really cannot fault, this is such amazing value and I cannot urge you more to invest in these! I use each one of these brushes daily and actually, I get more use out of them than my more expensive brushes from Bobbi Brown and Estée Lauder. My favourite is definitely the buffing brush, which has allowed me to create the most flawless foundation look I have ever managed. You can see my full review on the Real Techniques Core Collection, here.


Manuka Doctor Rejuvenating Face Mask.
My favourite face mask of the month, and perhaps of all time too, is this gorgeous treatment from Manuka Doctor. This product is part of the no.1 beauty trend for 2013: bee venom, which believe it or not, is 8x the cost of gold! Renowned for its anti-inflammatory properties and benefits as a 'natural botox', this nourishing formula claims to contain 10,000 bee stings in an endeavour to promote skin renewal and elasticity. It really works. I've been using this twice a week for over a month now and my skin feels tighter, more radiant and is really clear. If I'm feeling tired or in need of a pick-me-up, I can really rely on this product. At the beginning of the month, I did a full review on the wonderful Manuka Doctor which you can have a read of here, if you're interested in the rest of the ApiNourish range. I also talk about the ApiClear range from Manuka Doctor, which I would highly recommend if you're worried about problem skin over the summer. 


Essie 'Tea and Crumpets'. 
For a good while I was looking for the perfect nude nail colour to take me through the Spring and Summer months. Finally, I found it in Essie's range in the form of 'Tea and Crumpets' - delicious. The colour is a gorgeous nude with a bright sheen to it, which I would usually discern in favour of a matte finish. But it actually makes my nails look lovely and bright. I love Essie's lacquer in general as it is a little thicker than many other brands and also so long lasting. Sometimes, with my trusty Leighton Denny Base and Top Coat, this will last me a good week. I've been wearing this so much throughout May and have been reluctant to use any other colour - I lovee it! You can see my detailed post on Nail Care for S|S 2013, here


Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette.
This has been my go-to product of the month. I think I speak for many of us when I say that Urban Decay's 'Naked 2', is one of those holy grail products, but, this month this has become my new muse. The new 'Basics' palette, is the first matte eyeshadow palette from Urban Decay and I am already a huge fan of the six neutral colours included. Usually, I am more of a shimmer girl when it comes to shadows, particularly in the summer months when you can really play around with some sparkle. 'Venus', the cream shimmer on the left of the palette, retains this finish, however, I've really enjoyed using the neutral matte eye make up in Naked Basics, which allows you to create a quick and simple everyday eye look. The palette itself is such an ideal size to take away and as well as shadow, I also use it as a brow and eye liner palette. For this reason it is an ideal holiday buy if you're looking for a multifunctional product, or something to mattify the eyes in humidity. Look out for a full review and tutorial on this make up staple, coming soon.


Miss Dior Eau De Parfum.
I thought I would add this beautiful perfume onto the end of my favourites list this month, as I haven't given it any praise yet on my blog! I like to think of Miss Dior as my signature scent, my friend Katie always tells me, 'it's you in a bottle!' I've used this beautiful fragrance from Dior every day for about two years now and I can't imagine ever loving another perfume more than I do this one. I was a bit glum when they recently discontinued 'Miss Dior Cherie' as this was a little more delicate, however I do not love it any less. The bottle is a beautiful and sophisticated addition to anyones dressing table and the perfume itself is sexy, pretty and flirty all rolled into one. J'adore.


So there you have it- my beauty faves for the month of May!
Have you used any of these gorgeous products? What are your favourite products this month?


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. So we have the same make-up bag. We have the same brushes, palette and nail varnish. So with you on that Essie colour, it is very addictive. I want to wear it all the time. I love my naked palette and wow your brushes are clean, I can never get the buffer back to its original colour!

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha sounds like we have the same taste honey! I love the Naked Basics palette it is one of the products I'm using most so far this Summer!! I have a little secret cleaning my male up brushes - I will do a post and share it with you! Xxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks honey, its a great nude for summer!! Xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig