Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Benefit High Beam Dupe

Recently, I've been on the look out for a new liquid highlight to use over the Summer, with a beautiful pearlescent finish. When I walked into Bodycare in Durham this week, I found it in the form of 'High Lights' from Technic, which is a well known dupe of Benefit's lovely 'High Beam' in terms of both formula and packaging!

(High Lights by Technic, available here for £2.60.)


As you can see from the images above, the two bottles are very similar - I got all excited in the shop because I instantly recognised the branding as Benefit! There is also roughly the same amount of product in both - 13ml of High Beam compared to 12ml of the High Lights formula, however, the price tags are very different! I bought Benefit's High Beam early last year and absolutely love it, however at £19.50 it is at the higher end of the highlighter budget. So when I saw Technic's version in Bodycare, priced at just £1.99, I couldn't wait to give it a try and I'm so pleased with the results! I still prefer the somewhat warmer, satin finish that you can achieve with Benefit, but I have been totally won over by Technic's budget 'beauty in a jar', which has saved me at least £17. 

The highlighter itself is absolutely gorgeous. Benefit's formula is slightly thicker and more creamy than this one, but personally, I think High Lights gives a more shimmery effect, which suits me perfectly for Summer when we can get away with a little more sparkle! The product is also really build-able, so if you're looking for a stronger shimmer then it is really easy to achieve this. Unfortunately, the brush applicator from Technic isn't brilliant quality and the bristles are in very bad condition on mine in particular, so I use my pointed foundation brush from Real Techniques to apply it to the cupids bow, cheek and brow bones. It blends into the skin really well and leaves you with a gorgeously healthy, dewy glow when it catches the light. The texture is very delicate and doesn't feel at all greasy on the skin which it great. I find it doesn't have quite the same staying power as High Beam, however I wasn't really expecting that from such a cheap highlight. But despite any minor niggles, you really cannot go wrong with this product. At £2.60 on Amazon, this is my highlighter of the Summer and I really cannot recommend more!

What highlight are you using at the moment?


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Unfortunately I have been having huge problems with Google+ comments, so having now switched to the blogger comment system, all of my comments from my blog have now disappeared!! Many apologies to all those who took the time and trouble to comment before now... I still read every single one of the comments I am left and reply to you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this and wondered how well it compared to the well loved Benefit version! I actually have the benefit one so didn't buy this, but I did buy the Cheek & Lip Tint, again the other benefit dupe and I love it! £1.99 too I cannot believe how cheap these are!

    Thanks for reviewing this, I will be buying this one when my benefit runs out :)

    Great looking blog by the way, so pleased you left me your link! Keep up the good work Emily.

    Ellie xx

    www.littlered26.wordpress.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellie,

      And I was wondering how the tip cheek and tint was!! We should swap! Haha, I know they are so cheap you really cannot go wrong with them can you. Perfect for everyday! Thank you for your lovely comment,

      Emily xxx

      Delete
  3. That is awesome! If I am across the pond I wil have to check thus brand out. Glad to hear there is a lip and cheek dupe as well!

    ReplyDelete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig