Sunday, June 09, 2013

Millie Mackintosh for Nouveau Lashes

We all know the gorgeous Millie Mac as one of the most glam girls in Chelsea, but now also for her absolutely fabulous fake lash line. Last year, Millie collaborated with Nouveau lashes and created 8 different pairs of strip lashes, named after different areas of London. I always tend to go for a more natural make up look, even on nights out, but unfortunately have found many fake lashes to look exactly that - fake! However, Millie's innovative, minimalistic style is reflected in her line which I love. I've been using her lashes for months now and I've never looked back!

(The 'Mayfair' Lash is available here, for £8.99.)

All of the strip lashes in the range are made from natural hair fibre, which makes them look and feel really delicate when you're wearing them. This also means that they are really easy to trim if you need to adjust them to the size of your eye. This really is a must when wearing eyelashes - if the strip is too big for your natural lash line then they can tend to look messy and unnatural. Inside the gorgeously sophisticated packaging, is the lash tray which is really important to keep. All of Millie's lashes are re-usable up to 5 times, so placing them back on the tray after use prevents damage and keeps them tidy. Also included, are a pair of nifty mini tweezers which can be really useful for applying the lash to the eye, however I prefer to use my fingers as it gives a little more control. The lash glue is very skin-friendly and also latex-free, so if you've been unable to wear fake lashes before due to allergies - these are for you!! A step-by-step guide to application is also inside, but I've put Millie's helpful video at the bottom of the post too - if you want some advice it is well worth a watch.


One of my favourite lashes from the range, is the Mayfair lash, which I am wearing in the images above to try and show how this pair really enhances the eyes, but retains that natural appearance. They give a really simple but oh-so-chic effect. I also love the Soho lash, which instantly transforms your daily makeup into a show-stopping 'ready to party' look. These fakies have quite a mediocre price tag at £8.99 a pair, however in my own opinion, they are worth every penny, particularly as you can re-use them. Millie has just bought out a two brand new limited edition lashes for the Summer which I can't wait to try: the 'Ibiza' and the 'St Tropez' lash. They are so versatile for the upcoming warmer months as they are both heat and water resistant - ideal for holiday and festival wear! I also love the packaging which is so bright and Summery. Both pairs are available to purchase online, here


Which fake lashes do you love to use?


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Lovely blog girl! How did you get the blue and gold glitter facebook, twitter and pinterest icons? I am still trying to work on my blog and make it more appealing to the eye! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cali! I made them myself, it took me an awful long time and I'm now sick of looking at html codes!! It's quite easy to do if you find yourself a good photo editing site and use photobucket xxx

      Delete
  2. You are so pretty!Love the lashes on you! Great blog hun, following !x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you Michelle!! Thank you for following, hope you had a lovely weekend xxx

      Delete
  3. These look like great lashes. I don't have a favorite kind, I don't wear them often enough.
    Another lovely post :)
    Kallie, But First Coffee Blog

    ReplyDelete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig