Thursday, June 13, 2013

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

I've always been under the impression that in terms of foundation, you will always get what you pay for. This is certainly true in some senses however, this product breaks all the rules! I picked up Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation in Superdrug last week and after reading so many rave reviews, expected only good things. But actually, this foundation surpassed my already high expectations and I am absolutely besotted with it. If this isn't already in your make up bag, I strongly recommend that you give it a go!

(Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in Ivory, available here for £8.99.)

I chose to purchase the foundation in Ivory, which is actually a really great match with my skin tone. I was torn between this shade and True Ivory, however eventually decided on the lighter of the two as True Ivory has more of a pinkish, rosy undertone to it which doesn't really suit me. Rimmel claim that the formula has an anti-fatigue effect, which I totally agree with. The light reflecting particles give a really beautiful, dewy finish and leave your skin looking fresh and radiant. No more tired-looking skin walking into morning lectures! I would say, that because this foundation endeavours to leave you with an alluring glow, that maybe if you have somewhat more oily skin you might prefer a more mattifying product - particularly in the Summer months. The staying power of this is really wonderful, but as my t-zone becomes more oily throughout the day, it can tend to slip and I sometimes find myself having to apply translucent powder.

In terms of coverage, I think it gives about medium and when I apply it with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush, it has a completely flawless, even finish AND covers any blemishes. Perfect! If you prefer a foundation with more coverage, Wake Me Up is also really buildable. For this reason, I see it as a perfect product to take you from day to night, if you need to enhance your make up base for an evening event. It is also such amazing value - Superdrug have £3 off Rimmel at the moment so I bought this for just £4.99! But ultimately, for many reasons, say hello to my new favourite everyday foundation!

Have you tried this brilliant product from Rimmel?


SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I adore this foundation! One of my top 3 :-)
    Kallie, But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely in my top 3 too Kallie! Hope you're having a good week xxx

      Delete
  2. I love this foundation, i'm so glad you like it too!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's great Hannah! Hope you're well xxx

      Delete
  3. Lovely blog you have sweetie!

    You said your blog was just a baby! Mine must be non existent then haha!

    http://subtlecoral.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it isn't Katie, it's lovely! How long have you been blogging for?? xxx

      Delete
  4. I love this foundation! The only problem I have had is that the lid has broken on my bottle (must have picked up a faulty one). I can't take it anywhere with me because I'm scared of it spilling everywhere! xo
    Megan Jane // Seek My Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Megan!! Oh no, that is such a pain!! Hopefully next time the bottle wont be faulty, from experience that alone can influence your opinion on a product! xxx

      Delete
  5. Hi Emily,

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, would love to follow each other :)

    Let me know if you decide to do the tag! :D

    Alice

    xx

    http://underneaththebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice, I will do!! Look forward to your future posts xxx

      Delete
  6. This foundation sounds great, I will definitely be trying it! :)

    www.lornasfabulousfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on Lorna!! xxx

      Delete
  7. I use the Ivory shade too! Lovely producti deed. :)
    Following you now back via GFC dear. Thankyou so much for the support!

    xx, Mela
    www.wearismela.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you Mela, look forward to your future posts xxx

      Delete
  8. Thanks for this review. I'm going to check this out. I hope it's still available. :)

    ReplyDelete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig