Saturday, July 13, 2013

A Day Out At Buckingham Palace: #CoronationFestival

So today I've been up to Buckingham Palace for a one-off event this Summer - and what an event it was! No one throws a Summertime bash quite like Royalty.. My family and myself included, love to jump on the Royal bandwagon and actually even turn up to support the monarchy in most of the big events in town! We were all up on the Mall for the Royal Wedding and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, both of which will go down in my own little history book as days I will always remember. The Coronation Festival, which has been held this weekend in the extensively beautiful Palace Gardens, is also now included..


There was so much to do at the festival and it was so hot when we arrived, that we all got a little overwhelmed and quickly sat down with two buckets of champagne.. oops! But after some refreshing bubbles, we began to browse just a few of the amazing treats on offer. The Queen had invited all her Royal Warrant Holders (those who have supplied products or services to HM and her family for 5 years or more)...
to be present at the event, so there was all sorts on offer: from Clarins to Chocolate; Jewellery to Jaguar, there was just about everything imaginable.. As well as entertainment! I thought I would share just a few pictures with you, particularly as one of my favourite shows throughout today was on the catwalk. #FBLOGGERS stay tuned!

The National Youth Ballet performing 'Alice In Wonderland'
There have been various different collections walking down the beautifully staged catwalk over the last couple of days and I was lucky enough to see some of the most fabulous. My favourite was the oh-so-sophistocated 'Diamonds and Peals' show, which was dripping with jewels and encrusted fabrics. Amongst the glamour, were pieces from Alice Temperley, Daks, Brintons and Stewart Parvin, all of which showcased some of their most fabulous, of-the-moment fashion. I could literally talk about this forever, but to give you a small idea, the 5 scene show consisted of 'A day at the Races', 'Cocktail hour', 'LBD', 'Shimmer and Shine' and finally, 'Masquerade'. I was so engrossed in the show stopping fashion that my pictures are a little more rushed than I would have liked - the models made want everything! I completely fell for their beautiful 1950's style dresses in the 'Cocktail hour' episode, as I love the combination of big skirts and tight bodices. The fabrics were so flirty and floral and for the same reason, I particularly enjoyed another of the shows today - 'Vintage Picnic', which was super cute and a bit more frilly!


Overall, I really did have such a brilliant day out with the family and cannot think of a way in which I would rather have enjoyed the superb weather in the Capital this weekend. I've eaten the same fish and chips as the Queen herself and enjoyed the Best of British food, drink and entertainment, all in one. I can't wait for the next Royal event which will hopefully be a huge celebratory welcome, to the new Prince or Princess! If you'd like to read a little more on the the Spectacular Coronation Festival and what went on, here is the link to the website. There are also some more snaps and a video of the 'Diamonds and Pearls' show on my Instagram (@emilyjbenton). 

But for now, if you could have a Royal Warrant, in whatever you so wish, what would you chose to supply to the Queen and her family?!

**GIVEAWAY AT 200 FOLLOWERS**


SHARE:

14 comments

  1. amazing pics:)

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all those hunters! Love all your pictures, I always think it makes a post more interesting - gorg blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey pieeeeeee hope you've had a good weekend xxx

      Delete
  3. Whoa this looks amazing! - great photographs too ^v^ xx

    hello-you-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it looks like you had amazing time! You are so lucky that you got to be in London for all of those events!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super Hannah! Maybe you can come to one with me sometime! xxx

      Delete
  5. I've always wanted to attend a fashion show, it looks like you had a blast. Oh and seeing all those hunter boots made me gasp. c:

    xo.Janiecy.xo|A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    xo, Janiecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are an impressive sight aren't they Janeese!! I want them all! Thank you for leaving your link,

      xxx

      Delete
  6. Lucky you getting to go to the palace!

    These are some lovely pictures :)

    http://tie-dye-eyes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/diy-floral-crown.html

    ReplyDelete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig