Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Green Fingers

Today's post has another little colour theme running through it, which you can probably already guess is.. GREEN! I'm really enjoying doing these 'Colour Themed Favourites' posts and have been having some great feedback, so thank you all. And without further ado...


Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
If you read my full review on the Liz Earle Essentials range, you will already know that is one of my holy grail products. This is the King of all cleaners, it is so gentle but removes grime and takes off any stubborn makeup, without you feeling like you're giving yourself wrinkles rubbing at your face! The Hot Muslin Cloth that comes with it adds a feeling of luxury to the cleansing step and sweeps away any dead skin cells that might lead to pimples. With no nasties and a completely natural formula, this is going to give you a clearer and more radiant complexion. You can read a full review with detailed benefits, on what is one of my favourite skincare brands, here...

Catwalk by TIGI Curlesque Curl Collection Defining Conditioner
I picked up this salon size conditioner from T K Maxx a couple of months ago and as I don't actually have curly hair, I really only bought this to try as the word 'hydrating' caught my eye and, for a salon size, it was such good value! However, I'm so glad I picked this up as it's really made a positive difference to the condition of my hair. As I have artificial blonde in my hair, my ends in particular suffer from dryness so it is important to use a really nourishing conditioner. Even though this product is intended for curls, it's energising marine formula has really reinvigorated my hair and replenished lost moisture. I've been using it alongside the Catwalk by TIGI 'Sleek Mystique' Glossing Shampoo and have noticed a huge difference in manageability - there has been very little frizz even in this horrible humidity we are struggling with at the moment! You can even use it as a mimic mask on dry hair for maximum moisture lock-in. Containing Aloe, Fennel AND Cucumber for their hydration benefits, this is my ultimate GREEN product! A bottle this size retails at £24.99 but I've found it online here, for under £15. 

Manuka Doctor ApiClear Skin Treatment Serum
If there was one product I could repurchase from the ApiClear range, this would be it. Or maybe the Foaming Facial Cleanser... I can't decide but they're both GREEN so maybe I'd just get both! This really solves any of my break outs and if I have a pimple or any unwanted redness, if I leave this on over night then by the morning, there is such an improvement. I am sure it actually prevents spots from forming as well because I stopped using this for about a week, to try and save some of the product, and I broke out badly. I love that the formula is oil-free which means it is a great lightweight serum for Summer and also could easily be introduced into a current skincare regime. You can read my detailed reviews on the ApiClear and ApiNourish ranges from Manuka Doctor, by clicking here.

Nip + Fab Dry Leg Fix
This is, believe it or not, is my first ever Nip + Fab experience. And I loved it! This was actually a freebie in this month's COSMO and I've been absolutely loving it. I have actually wanted to do a review on all three products they are offering this month, but I still can't find a copy with the Tanning Gel. But anyway, everyday, I've literally had to get my Nip + Fab 'Fix' with their Dry Leg Fix...! This is the perfect product for Summer when it's time to get the pins out and especially for lazy moisturisers like me, as it really is a 'put it on once and you're good to go' kinda product. I will definitely be repurchasing in the full-size.

Clinique 'Stay Matte' Pressed Powder
My Skin is combination in the Summer months and a suffer with oily as well as dry patches - unfortunately! So to control the shine somewhat, which has been a must in this lovely hot weather, I've been using this. The 'Stay Matte' is one of Clinique's Best Sellers and is really great for Oily/Combination skin as yup, you guessed it - it mattifies! I recently featured this compact in my guide on 'Pressed or Loose Powder - What's the Difference' feature, which you can have a read of by clicking the link. I tend not to use the sponge that is included in the compact, as this can sometimes cake the product onto the face, but a good old kabuki brush gives a lovely finish.

Rimmel ScandalEyes Flex Mascara 
This hulk-green product concludes my post. Rimmel have had an amazing year so far launching some incredible new products, one of which is the ScandalEyes Mascara. The 'flex' formula really is so lightweight to wear day-to-day, so if you struggle with mascara and don't like wearing heavier products on your lashes, then I would really recommend this. It separates really well and my only niggle is that the brush is a little large so if you have smaller eyes, maybe this isn't quite suited to you. If you are thinking about trying this out and want some more info, read my detailed review from last month.


If you would like to read any of my other 'Colour Themed Favourites', just pick a colour!

**GIVEAWAY AT 200 FOLLOWERS!**


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love your colour themed posts they're so cute. I have the Rimmel ScandalEyes flex mascara, I love the brush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole!! I still can't seem to get on with the size of the mascara brush for me to love it!! Xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig