Tuesday, July 30, 2013

OOTD: The Burgundy Playsuit

The boiler suit trend is really hotting up this season and I'm still hunting around for one to squeeze into my wardrobe! Last week I got half-way there after picking up this gorgeous playsuit in River Island's New Collection. The shirt collar and military-style pockets really give it the 'boiler' buzz, minus the legs...


One of the things I love most about this playsuit, is that it's just so easy to wear. It's super comfy and the material, despite its 'heavy denim' look, is really lightweight. The elasticated waistband also creates a flattering shape, without it being too fitted and the whole feel of the piece is really casual - I went for the smallest size and it is still loose, giving an informal, almost grungy look. As well as this, I just loved the colour. Being a brown-eyed gal, burgundy always screams out to me on a shop floor which is probably half the reason I fell in love with it...

River Island Playsuit £35 *also available in dark blue* | Brown Cork Wedges - Similar here | New Look Red Pendant Necklace - Similar here | Michael Kors Rose Gold Watch £229

To continue the casual look I've paired the playsuit with a pair of cross-strap brown wedges. I picked these up in T K Maxx last year and they are just so so comfy and hold my foot really well. For a cross-strap shoe, I also find them quite flattering as they don't completely cut you off at the ankle - an advantage for those with legs 'not as long as we'd like'! I think cork wedges are such a staple during Summer as they just go with anything, whether it be casual or smart wear. 

Finally, I accessorised the outfit with gold which really compliments the dark red centrepiece and adds some glam. My Michael Kors Rose Gold Watch which I adore, was my wrist candy for the day along with some River Island rings and a statement pendent necklace from New Look. This necklace is really gorgeous and I love how the red stone, echoed by red encrusting along the golden chain, ties the colours of the look together.

How are you wearing playsuits this Summer?

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I own a few play suits but none like this, it looks so good. I really like the colour of it and the necklace that you are wearing with it. You look amazing, as always.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you Hannah! I'm glad you like it. I'm really glad I picked this up, River Island have some really great bits in their New Collection but some of it is really expensive! xxx

      Delete
  2. Looking Awesome! And your really have fabulous choice for sandals for women :) XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking awesome dear..lovely outfit with wonderful Shoes for Girls !!

    ReplyDelete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig