Saturday, July 27, 2013

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer: Review and Swatches

Happy Saturday everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekends. Today's post is another fabulous product from Rimmel London, which is already well known in the blogosphere of beauty. The past year has been a huge success story for Rimmel, with new goodies such as the Wake Me Up Foundation storming the highstreet. The Apocalips Lip Lacquer has done the just same and I'm actually a little bit obsessed with them at the moment!


These lip lacquers are a 'hybrid' if you like, between a lipstick and a gloss and are available in eight gorgeous colours At £5.99 these are a handbag essential, all year round...

I'm not usually one to purchase any sort of lip lacquer and tend to favour lipstick over gloss, for reasons of the 'hair stuck to the lips' variety! However after reading all the hype around these guys and seeing some beautiful swatches online, I caved. At the moment, I own two of the more natural shades which are 'Nude Eclipse' and 'Luna'. These are the two colours recommended for lighter skin types and as I tend to wear a more neutral lip look during the daytime, I went for these. The doe-foot applicator is super easy and the formula itself is INCREDIBLE! So highly pigmented, that they bleach out your natural lip colour and are actually almost like a liquid lipstick. The staying power is awesome and when I take this out my handbag to top up the colour, I often find that I really don't need to. They don't dry your lips out - I almost find them a little hydrating - and give such a healthy, flawless finish.


As you can see form the photos, Nude Eclipse is really nude. However, I find it to be quite a 'beige/brown' nude so it doesn't give you that 'foundation' lip or 'no lips at all' kinda look. Luna on the other hand, is a bit brighter and has a real peachy tone to it. This is probably the shade I've been wearing the most as it just produces a really natural, healthy colour. But I love them both, I'm going to end up with all eight sooner or later! For a drugstore brand, I think Rimmel have really got it right with the colours in the Apocalips range. Next on my list is Celestial, a lovely muted pink and Big Bang which is raved about all the time. If you're looking for a bold, statement red lips then this is for you!


If you live in the States and desperate to get your hands on some of these, I believe they've actually bought them over under a different name and called them 'Show Off'. I think they might just be exclusive to Walgreens at the moment, however I'm not entirely sure so if any US girlies could correct me on this, please do so!

Have you tried any of the Apocalips Lip Lacquers from Rimmel? What's your favourite colour?


SHARE:

26 comments

  1. I have a couple of these but am loving the look of Luna! Might have to invest!:) x

    www.hollllisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it Lisa it's such a pretty peach!! Xxx

      Delete
  2. Yes! Big Bang is my favourite as I'm a massive fan of red lips. I nearly brought Luna the other day but decided against it. This has just tempted me to buy it. Thanks! Xx

    razmataz-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!! I am going to have to go and get Big Bang on Monday morning aren't I...! xxx

      Delete
  3. I currently have the Celestial colour and I absolutely love it. It's a light pink, but not too dark or too bright, just perfect to give your lips that extra hint of colour. I shall defo be purchasing more, too good not too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the one I really want to try Rebekah! Is it a bit mauve-y? I agree they're absolutely stunning, I want them to bring out even more gorgeous colours!! Xxx

      Delete
  4. Ooh I love the colors you picked!! I've seen these reviewed but always the super bright colors; I adore these colors you picked!!! Dang I should've grabbed them when I was in London!! Lol
    Kallie But First, Coffee -- JewelMint Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the brighter ones are a little more popular Kallie just because the formula is so so highly pigmented so they're just great for a bold look! I'm loving the more natural colours though :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Luna looks gorgeous! I haven't tried the apocalips yet but they are next on my wishlist!

    xx Rachael
    a runaway muse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're uh-may-zing Rachael!! Glad they're already on your wish list :) enjoy them when you pick some up. What colours are you thinking? Xxx

      Delete
  6. Luna looks amazing, Nude Eclipse is a bit to nude for my liking. <3

    xo.Janiecy.xo|A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    xo, Janiecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a little more nude than I normally wear too Janiecy! Luna is really lovely :) xxx

      Delete
  7. I've been put off these previously as all the colours were really bright but I'm definitely going to invest in the Nude Eclipse! Would look lovely with a smoky eye. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, look at my blog to find out more :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nude Eclipse would be lovely with a bold eye Nicole :) it is a really understated colour. Thank you for nominating me! I've already completed it but will come over to Life of a Trainee Journalist and answer your questions :) xxx

      Delete
  8. Luna looks gorgeous! I think I'm scared to buy these as they've been hyped up so much x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise these are really worth the hype Emma! Let me know if you get hold of any! xxx

      Delete
  9. oh my goodness these are beautiful! been staring at them for about 10 minutes and still have no idea which one I like more - perfect excuse to buy both! xxx

    www.ellenblogsit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's 3 for 2 on Rimmel at the moment in Boots Ellen... So get three!! xxx

      Delete
  10. Wow I want to try these!!! I like the nude color
    I was wondering if you'd like to follow each other. :)

    ♥Stacey Nguyen
    www.trendyoutings.com

    I am having a giveaway right now with about $160 worth of stuff . Check it out if you'd like ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaPpWl2rNYo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacey, I'd love to! Coming over to have a look at your blog now and enter your fab giveaway!! xxx

      Delete
  11. Hi! I've seen a few bloggers already recommend this and after reading your review, I really want to try them :) x

    Great blog by the way! Interesting to read!

    ~ www.brunette-wavez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey! I'm glad I have persuaded you to buy them - I promise you won't regret it!! Let me know how you get on with them xxx

      Delete
  12. I love these! Luna looks gorgeous on you :) I've nominated you for the Liebster award too if you're interested! http://allaboutalt.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/all-about-libster-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetheart!! I'll come and have a little look now xxx

      Delete
  13. Luna looks SO pretty on you Emily... I love these two shades, they're a lot more forgiving than the darker shades xx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gemma! I'm a little obsessed with it at the moment.. Haha! I agree I think they're stunning xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig