Thursday, July 25, 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte Transparent Pressed Powder

During the Summer months, most of us experience unwanted shine and higher sebum levels as a result of the warmer climate, which can lead to a more oily complexion. Unfortunately, my skin seems to have a complete wobble as soon as we enter British Summer Time and I go from being Normal/Dry in the Winter, to Combination and perhaps even edging on Oily. So, I always look for products with great staying power at this time of year, or those which are going to make my make up stay put as long as possible.


Last week, I decided I needed a relatively inexpensive powder I can keep in my handbag, to set my make up and reduce shine. This is how I got on using Rimmel's Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder... 

I picked this up in Shade 001, which is 'Transparent', as I didn't want a powder which would contribute any additional colour to my face. Usually, I use Clinique's 'Stay Matte' Pressed Powder Compact, however Simply just a product I can sweep over my T-Zone to 'Stay Matte'. Rimmel's promise is that this powder can cope with up to 5 hours shine control and also helps to reduce the appearance of pores. As well as this, the formula contains minerals which is always great to see, particularly in one so reasonably priced (£3.99!) This was just what I was looking for so I whisked it away and have been road testing it for the past week.


For such an inexpensive product, I've been really happy with the results. The powder is quite finely milled and as a result, temporarily reduces the appearance of pores that can look larger when your skin becomes oily. As well as this, it keeps my skin shine-free for about three hours until I feel I need to reapply, which I do really easily with a Kabuki brush for full and even coverage. The 'Transparent' Shade is really great and I like it because it doesn't dull your face as much as a highly pigmented powder may do. My only little niggle is the packaging - obviously to keep costs down it has been packaged very simply with a wide pan and just a lid placed over the top. I'm dreading the day that the lid comes off in my handbag! Also, this product really is aimed at those who struggle with a shiny, oily complexion so I think it would be perhaps somewhat drying on Normal to Dry skin types. But overall, it's a great top-up product to carry around in your handbag and I will continue to use it throughout the Summer.

For those of you that may be umm-ing and ahh-ing over whether to purchase powder in its pressed or loose form, have a read of a post I did last week for an 'all you need to know' guide --> HELP: Pressed and Loose Powder- What's the Difference? 

What powders have impressed you recently?

**GIVEAWAY AT 200 FOLLOWERS!**


SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Hi emily, thanks for the comment and catch up. Sorry for the late reply. I'm a fan of this powder aswell! your reviews are so great and helpful, the colour themed ones are gorgeous. I put ur button up , I'm going to resize them all so it looks neater soon. Hope your good x

    http://kimiandme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina!
      No problem atall lovely to hear from you. Thank you so much it's so nice to hear feedback like that! I'm glad my reviews are helpful. Thank you for putting my button up I will be sure to do the same xxx

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to try this powder for months, after reading your thoughts I think I'll go pick one up tomorrow! By the way I've nominated you for the LIEBSTER award, check out my blog to find out what you have to do! :)

    shannonleigh_c x
    (thetricktolife.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! I'm glad I have persuaded you to finally go and grab one :)
      Thank you so much for the nomination, I've already completed the Liebster Award however have been nominated by a few recently so am tempted to give in and do your questions.. It's so much fun! Xxx

      Delete
  3. This has been my savior in the hot weather, love it! x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Emma!! Such good value as well, Rimmel are doing so so well with their products so far this year - in my book anyway! Xxx

      Delete
  4. Checked out your blog earlier this afternoon and followed with gfc and bloglovin ! Great review I literally had to come back and comment xxx

    Debbie

    http://undefinedbluehoney.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much honey!! I hope you enjoy following :) Coming to visit you now xxx

      Delete
  5. Love your blog, great post!I'm following you :)
    diamondclutch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig