Monday, July 29, 2013

Summer Nails: Brights

I haven't done a nail post for a while now and I think this stunning weather we have been having has really inspired me to venture more Summer brights on my nails and tootsie rolls. So I thought I would touch on all the colours of the rainbow and show you guys some of garish and crazy polishes I've been loving recently.

This post will be mainly picture heavy as I've picked these out primarily for their shade. But I'll also tell you a little more about the quality of the varnish itself. Summer is the time to really experiment with a pop of colour and I have really enjoyed my Sunday evenings recently, sifting through my nail varnish collection and choosing one of these guys to paint with! How cute do they all look lined up in the sun...


So I'm going to start with the two colours that I actually brave the least and these are the citrus fruits of the bunch. I'll only really paint my nails with these if I'm planning a monochrome outfit and want a lucid colour to contradict the limited palette if what I'm wearing. For this reason, they are the cheapest of the seven. 

Collection Hot Looks in 'Look at Me' £1.99 | N.Y.C in 'Lexington Yellow'  £1.79

I got this Collection polish for free last week as Boots has a great deal on at the moment: when you spend over £4 at Collection in Boots, you get one of their 'Hot Looks' nail varnishes for free! This is a shade I would never normally go and buy, but having tried it out I actually think it's a really wild 'hulk' addition to a collection! It is one of of those colours which makes your hands look really tanned too. The polish itself claims to dry in just 60 seconds and it does try quite fast, however if you're doing more than one coat with this (which I would advise with this and the N.Y.C colour below) as they don't go on very opaque. 

Similarly, I don't go for yellow too much on my nails, only when im wearing black and white. But I found this canary yellow shade from NYC in a box this month and decided to give it a whirl. It is quite hard to achieve a really thick, even colour but for only £1.79 it is a really cute yellow - not too pastal and not too fluorescent! The packaging is now a little different to this as I picked this up a little white ago now.

 Revlon Nail Enamel in 'Charming' £4.49 | Leighton Denny in 'Plush Pink' £11

This beauty from Revlon was my favourite nail varnish for a long white. It's a gorgeous lilac pastel which again, really emphasises a tan. I find that the polish itself is quite thin, so it takes some building and a few coats to achieve the colour of the bottle. But I adore this shade, I think it looks gorgeous all year round and I will definitely be repurchasing.

Leighton Denny 'Plush Pink' is a huge favourite of mine. If I ever can't decide on a colour, this screams out to me and I give in to it. At £11, Leighton Denny is a high-end brand however you really get a high quality finish from each and every one of their varnishes. They have been my go-to varnishes for some time now as the lacquer coats the nails so evenly and the staying power is awesome. 

Revlon Nail Enamel in 'One Perfect Coral' £4.49 | Super Dry in 'Sweet Peach' £6.00

Another gorgeous colour here from Revlon and perhaps one of my favourite corals on the high street, is the appropriately named, 'One Perfect Coral'. I've also been using Barry M 'Papaya' on my nails, however I think I prefer this warmer, richer pigment. Coral is one of my favourite colours for Summer - it is so flattering and goes with so much.

I hadn't tried Super Dry's nail varnish until recently - I wasn't even aware that they manufactured polishes! But I was pleasantly surprised as the varnish actually goes on lovely. 'Sweet Peach' is a beautiful sherbet orange and looks really fresh and gorgeous. I just wish Super Dry would bring out some more colours as there are only 4 or 5 available at the moment. Pleaaaase Super Dry????


Lastly, a well known colour from the marvellous Essie - Mint Candy Apple. I have really given this a run for its money this Summer so far and have been wearing it every chance I've had! Even on my toes, where I would usually tend to go for the more typical red or pink. Essie's nail enamel is my all-time favourite in the drugstore. It is a little pricey but their colour range is incredible and the varnish itself is such a high quality. It stays on your nails for ages and this colour has become something of a classic in my collection.

What have you been wearing on your nails this Summer?


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Lovely colours :) Summer is the perfect time for a bright nail colour.

    www.thisismyworldthisisme.blogspot.com

    thanks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebekah :) I totally agree! xxx

      Delete
  2. Great picks Emily! I I love revlon polish they are my favorite drugstore ones!
    Kallie But First, Coffee or But First, Coffee on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Revlon too Kallie, they give such an even finish and their colour range it just gorgeous!! xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig