Sunday, August 04, 2013

Bourjois Bronzing Primer

Bourjois is probably most renowned for their bronzers, blushes and powders and this gorgeous Bronzing Primer is the newest release form them in bronzer-terms. It is also a duel-purpose product which I love and endeavours to smooth and mattify the skin, as well as create a sun-kissed glow.


This is a cream based bronzer, which is quite rare out there in the beauty sphere and as a result, it frequently gets compared to Chanel's 'Soleil Tan De Chanel', which is the really only other product with a similar texture. I absolutely love it and I almost wish I'd picked this up a little earlier than I did as it's become a real staple to my Summer make up routine...

As a cream product, this has a lovely velvety feel to it and blends into the skin incredibly well, giving a smooth and not at all cakey finish. You can use it as a primer underneath your make up, to give a smooth and overall bronzed finish, or I have also just used it on my cheekbones and areas of my face where a natural sun tan would otherwise appear. As a primer though, I adore it. True to say, it certainly mattifies the skin and I find that the bronze pigment also gives a small amount of even coverage, so I have even been wearing this by itself with concealer in areas where I need slightly more. The formula is really skin friendly too, containing cocoa beans and orange blossom elixir that both help to promote hydration and radiance. So using it as a primer, I actually feel as though their is a somewhat nutritious or nourishing barrier formed between my skin and my make up. I would say that it's staying power isn't quite going to blow you away, but this is a drug store product and certainly for a high street brand, this is really high performance. 

Bourjois Bronzing Primer £9.99 | Available here

When you first open the pot, the colour does look a little formidable! It looks like a tub of rich milk chocolate. However, as I hope you can see from the final photo below, this stuff blends out to give a beautiful, natural bronze. As bronzers go, it is definitely more of a terracotta colour which I actually prefer to much darker brown shades, as they tend to give more of just a sun-kissed finish. It does only come in the one shade and Bourjois claim that the colour is universal. I do think this could be true, as the colour is build-able and as you can see, almost adjusts to suit my skin. I hope you can see in the photo below as well, that the product is also working as a primer, to smooth the appearance of my skin and even out tone.


I am loving this high performance cream bronzer at the moment and I can very quickly see it shaping up to be in my August Monthly Favourites! It's just absolutely gorgeous and really does do everything it says on the tin. Just as a footnote, Bourjois products do tend to be quite heavily scented so if you prefer your make up to have more of a subtle fragrance, this may not be for you. I for one, was adamantly 'anti-fragrance' but actually I love the scent from this brand. Bourjois call is a chocolate scent, however I think it is definitely more coconut-y and smells identical to the Johnson's suncream I used to wear when I was tiny! (So for reasons of nostalgia - I will just give this a good sniff every time I do my make up, even if I'm not wearing it!)

What bronzing products have you been using this Summer?


SHARE:

20 comments

  1. I normally use the bronzing powder from Bourjois that's like chocolate however this seems better than that! Will definitely have to give it a go.

    Sarah xx
    http://xothebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have the chocolate one Sarah, I tend to use the delice de soleil which I love! Think I need to give the chocolate one a go.. Let me know how you get on with the primer, it's super!! xxx

      Delete
  2. Love this product I for sure need to purchase it sometime soon.
    www.thisismyworldthisisme.blogspot.com
    Becka! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on with it Becka!! It's absolutely gorgeous xxx

      Delete
  3. Been dying to try this for so long!!! Need to pick it up once this spending ban is over! xx

    Rachael | beautypea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely product Rachael!! Hope you get on ok with your spending ban! xxx

      Delete
  4. I'm currently using a bronzer I got in a FCUK Xmas set, really want to try this though as it looks so easy to use x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very easy to use Emma and I love that you can use it in different ways too. Would really recommend if you're looking for something new and a bit different!! Xxx

      Delete
  5. I am so annoyed I didn't buy this the other day! I went for the 'safe' option and repurchased a powder bronzer. This looks like it blends onto your skin so well! Hmm maybe I'll go back for it!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go back Hannah!! Haha there is 3 for 2 on at the moment so use that as an excuse to get another three goodies!! I'd also recommend the lip crayons and cream blushes xxx

      Delete
  6. really love this post! You are amazing! Would you like to follow each other on twitter, gfc and bloglvin? it would be great. just let me know on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you Esra!! Would love to, will come and say hello xxx

      Delete
  7. i really need to get my hands on this! this is such a good review of it, and isn't helping me putting off spending some more pennies!

    Sophie xo | sophielouisew_

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sophie!! Sorry to encourage spending...! Let me know how you get on with it if you do pick it up xxx

      Delete
  8. This look's so good!
    I can't believe how good it is with blending in.
    I've never tried anything like it I'll have to have a look the next time I'm in a drugstore :)

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com
    can you add me on bloglovin please.
    since changing my blog name people can't see my posts :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so lovely Chanelle!! I'll come and visit your blog now sweetie, that must be such a pain!! Xxx

      Delete
  9. I really want to try this! same with the cream blushes!

    check out my blog I am fairly new!
    katiesworld-ofbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's soo good Katie! I'll come and say hi xxx

      Delete
  10. this bronzer is defintely on my wishlist!!!

    iced-wolf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do get hold of it and tell me what you think!! I love it!! Xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig