Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Estée Lauder Eye Shadow Duo

These eyeshadows from Estée Lauder, have been tremendously popular amongst beauty lovers and you may have seen many of the well-known beauty gurus, such as Tanya, talking about the 'Raisins' duo. So when I was at Bicester Village last week and saw these beauties on the shelf with a big discount tag, I quickly swooped in and grabbed one.


Unfortunately, 'Raisins' is just too popular and as usual, wasn't in stock. However, these duos are available in eight gorgeous combinations, so today I'm going to introduce you to 'Vanilla Pods'. Estée Lauder tell us that these shades are 'expertly paired to make ultra eye expression easy' - one shade is on hand to accentuate and enhance the eye, whilst the other serves to contour. To me, 'Vanilla Pods' is perfect for that natural-looking 'smoke', offering a golden beige and gorgeous mocha taupe...


Firstly, this is a brand that I absolutely adore. Every year I always have their gorgeous Christmas Gift as a present and you just cannot go wrong with a bit of Estée Lauder. Their eyeshadows in particular are some of my favourites - they're beautiful. So incredibly smooth, highly pigmented and the staying powder is just unbelievable. The duos offer all you need to create a quick and easy eye look in minutes. The colours can be used alone or to compliment each other, so I think they're also a great way into contouring for those who haven't yet mastered the art of blending.

Personally, I don't like using sponge applicators however this one is really useful to have in a compact, as it allows for contouring with the fluffy brush at one end. I sweep the lighter colour all over my lid, focusing on the inner corner of my eye and then use the sponge to apply taupe to my crease. Then, I will blend this out into the beige using a the fluffy brush. If you're new to contouring, my top tip would be to go slow and add a little bit at a time, until you're really happy. It is one of those things in make up, where practice makes perfect!

Estée Lauder Pure Colour Eyeshadow Duo £23 | Available here

This is going to be a well-loved product in my make up collection. At £23, they're pretty expensive, but they're also two timeless eyeshadows that you'll be able to use every day.

Have you used any Estée Lauder Shadows?


SHARE:

10 comments

  1. These look great! I always thought about EL as an old lady brand but they've been coming out with such great make up products and I'm coveting quite a lot of them! xx

    www.ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes they have bought out some amazing bits and pieces recently. I'm always umm-ing and ahh-ing over things and then they've sold out by the time I've made my mind up!! Really trying to get my hands on a Gelée blush xxx

      Delete
  2. I have never tried their shadows but this one really looks nice for everyday smokey eyes!!Thanks for the share ...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me want this now! The eye shadows seem like they would go on nice and velvety.
    Would you like to follow eachother on bloglovin and gfc?

    www.vworldrocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried but I really like your swatches! They look really great ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey!! They are pretty darn good!! xxx

      Delete
  5. thanks for this! i stumbled across your blog when i was looking up reviews on the estee lauder duos (i'm debating between "raisins" and "vanilla pod"). i'm leaning a bit more towards vanilla pod because i love the more neutral, lighter eye look. thanks for the swatches - i love your blog and am your newest reader:)

    rachel x
    blush&brunch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Rachel!! I do love Vanilla Pods and would really recommend it - Raisins is absolutely gorgeous but for everyday, these are the colours I tend to go to more frequently, as opposed to the more purple/aubergine tones. So I went for these!! Let me know what you end up choosing!! Thanks sweetie :) xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig