Wednesday, August 14, 2013

MAC Matte Lipstick in Pink Pigeon

This is the first matte formulation I've bought from MAC and if you read my blog regularly, you'll know that the glossy, non-drying formula of the Cremesheen range is my usual favourite. However, Pink Pigeon has certainly scored some points for the other team - I am absolutely L O V I N G it!

The colour is just stunning and a re-release from the popular Iris Apfel Collection. MAC call it a 'bright, clean pink' but I think it is certainly striking enough to call this a neon lipstick, with a blue undertone. Compared to Candy Yum Yum, which is one of the most popular shades within this range, Pink Pigeon is certainly a darker magenta and lacks that 'sweet purple' tinge...


In terms of formulation, this has the same, gorgeously smooth finish that MAC is known for. Although it is 'matte' and completely opaque, is not at all drying and the staying power is great. With a lip balm underneath, this will give me about three hours of wear which is what we need when sporting a dramatic colour - it's nice not to have to top it up every half an hour! I love this formula, it's the best matte I've used. 

MAC Matte Lipsticks £15 | Available here
Pink Pigeon is not part of MAC's permanent shade selection, which is going to be really gutting if you've enjoyed this post!! I picked mine up at The Cosmetics Company in Bicester Village, so if you like nearby, you can grab one! There are also some available on eBay but unfortunately, as it has been discontinued, be prepared to pay a little more!

What do you think of matte lipsticks?


SHARE:

22 comments

  1. This color is absolutely gorgeous and your lips look amazing! So glad that you got to pick this up! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac Matts are my favourite! Pink Pidgeon looks lovely, I passed on it because I have so many blue based bright pinks but now maybe I wish I hadn't. Which Lip balm do you wear underneath? I swear by Nuxe reve de meil lipbalm because it leaves a more matt finish so lipsticks don't slide as much, plus it is really excellent at nourishing lips :)

    Jemma xoxo
    abeautifulinstant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jemma! It is such a lovely colour, I'm so pleased I managed to get my paws on it. I've never tried Nuxe, that sounds great, I usually use Dior's Creme De Rose because it is just so so hydrating, but if I'm out and about and need to quickly use one on the go, I have Burt's Bees to hand!! Xxx

      Delete
  3. I'm not into pink lipsticks at all, but this really looks gorgeous and I'm sure it suits you well ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I never used to be either Dimana, but now I love wearing some brights every so often!! Xxx

      Delete
  4. This lipstick looks gorgeous on you :) Surprised it is discontinued! xx
    http://xtouchofbeautyx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know so was I Claire!! I think because Show Orchid is so popular as the 'cult' MAC pink!! Xxx

      Delete
  5. love mac cosmetics!!

    kisses

    http://beharrean.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This shade looks lovely! I can still see a bit of sheen though, and being a Ruby Woo lover, I don't think this matte is going to get a hold of me! I'm super excited about MACs new retro matte collection, then I know I'll go wild! haha Thanks for the swatch! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Fernanda!! I don't own Ruby Woo but its on my wish list - every time I go into MAC I swatch it haha xxx

      Delete
  7. Looks like a fabulous colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is amazing! i tried to pick this up when its collection was out but living in the city they go soooo quickly. It looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen!!!! Yeh I bet they go like hot cakes in NY! :( xxx

      Delete
  9. This is a gorgeous lipstick, it really suits you! Still need to try a MAC lipstick xx

    Curls and Swirls Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kat!! Have you entered my MAC giveaway? You might get lucky!! Xxx

      Delete
  10. Ooh love the colour it's so gorgeous and it goes pretty good with you skin colour.

    and your blog is amazing too...check out mine and follow?

    www.charmingnancy.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy!! I'll come over and say hello xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig