Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips

So finally, I managed to get my paws on four out of six of these long awaited, stateside lip balms. Since their debut in the US, the Maybelline Baby Lips have been coveted by many a British Beauty Blogger, including myself.


How fun playful are these guys?! The packaging is so simple but also cleverly eye-catching. If you're solely after a hydration surge, then you have three clear balms to choose from - Intense Care, Mint Fresh and Hydrate - whereas if you like a touch of colour to your lip care, Peach Kiss, Pink Punch and Cherry Me are your tinted options...

Left to Right: Hydrate, Cherry Me, Pink Punch, Peach Kiss.
I was most excited to get my hands on the tinted three and FINALLY managed to find Peach Kiss which eluded me for quite some time, until I discovered one lonely one in Tesco yesterday. If you're after a subtle nude lip with a very slight hint of shimmer, this guy is for you. Pink Punch offers a little more of a rose-y shade and Cherry Me, despite it's rich pigmentation in the stick, is only just slightly deeper. All three shades are completely wearable, so don't shy away from the somewhat crazy looking colours - remember these are balms so the pigmentation is only very slight.

Maybelline Baby Lips £2.99 Each | Available here 
At £2.99, this is by no means life changing lip care, however each one is packed with Shea Butter for intense hydration, SPF20 AND Centella for plumping. I wouldn't jump in and say that the hydration lasts for a full 8 hours as Maybelline suggests, as I did find myself reapplying every few hours. But having said that, they're just super fun to have in your hand bag and achieve just what they say on the tin - baby lips.

Which one is your favourite?


SHARE:

21 comments

  1. These look great, good price too, I still haven't managed to try them! Might go & order one now!

    http://livedwithlove.com

    Kerry X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know which one you go for Kerry!! xxx

      Delete
  2. They look so cute!! I've seen them the first time here in Portugal and I have to try them! I'll probably will choose Cherry Me or Pink Punch =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so fun! Hehe let me know which one you go for, I didn't think I would like Cherry Me as much as I do it's a really lovely colour xxx

      Delete
  3. Love them! Been dying to get my hands on more, they are just so fun! lol

    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too got sucked in on the hype with these guys. I purchased Peach Kiss, and have only used it a handful of times. I find myself reapplying within the hour, and my lips actually feel more dry than moisturized! Such a let down!

    xo Rachael
    a runaway muse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!! I'm sorry to hear you didn't get on with it Rachael. I haven't found that they are drying on my lips but I do agree that the hydration isn't the 8 hours that Maybelline promises. It's always difficult when a highly hyped product doesn't meet your expectations! Xxx

      Delete
  5. I have the 'cherry me' and 'pink punch' shades - I only really like the cherry shade x

    ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the Cherry Shade too Heather! xxx

      Delete
  6. Out of all the blogs I read on a regular basis yours is one of my favourites for photography! Your pictures are always so pretty and immaculate! I have so many lip balms so it would be rude not to purchase these ones to keep my existing collection company!X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Nicole that is so lovely to hear :) Let me know which ones you go for and you think of them! xxx

      Delete
  7. ohh I can't believe I've never seen your blog before! you're taking such beautiful pictures :O I've never really tried baby lips (haha yes I said it!) but you make me regret not taking superdrugs offer haha they have them on sale right now :D
    By the way I'm definetely going to follow you :) Would you mind checking out mine as well? Hope you're having a wonderful day

    Andrea xx
    savingsimplicity13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Andrea :) I'll come and say hello!! xxx

      Delete
  8. My sister has just bought the one of these! I know what you mean when you say it doesn't last for up to 8 hours as suggested! When I tried it out I felt I had to keep reapplying it! However for the price it's not too bad! I think they are handy to have in your bag! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita!! Yep I totally agree, at £2.99 they're not going to work miracles but they're just so cute and I think they taste like jelly babys - win! Xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig