Thursday, August 22, 2013

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer

This is a product that has had huge praise online and rightly so - it's a real gem. This is the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer, which in my opinion, should be sitting in all our make up bags!


Many of us are happy using just one concealer, however it is always a good idea to have a separate highlighting concealer for use under the eyes, perhaps down the nose, for areas of the face that we want to illuminate as well as cover up. Maybelline's formula does just this and is PERFECT for hiding those dreaded dark circles...

The Dream Lumi Touch Concealer has a formula that diffuses light, which is very effective at brightening up the skin around the eyes, bleaching out blue coloration and leaving you with more of a wide-awake look. The consistency is very smooth, leaves almost a satin finish and doesn't crease or sit within fine lines.



This is a gel-based concealer and I actually find that this gives it a really great staying power. If I'm having a particularly long day then I will need to touch this up maybe once, to refresh the under eye area. Otherwise, I'll leave it at home in the confidence that it's going to stay put for the best part of the day. The pen brush and twist up function, makes it very easy to use and despite it's somewhat thick texture, it is effortlessly easy to blend and I tend just to use my fingers to apply it for a bit more control, as this area of the face is the most delicate. I will just add, that as this is a highlighting concealer, it isn't very suitable for use on blemishes as although it will conceal them, the light diffusing technology will only emphasise them - no thanks!

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer £6.99 | Available here

In my opinion, this could just be the best under £10 highlighting concealer on the highstreet. There are only three shades so if you can pick this up in a colour that suits you, I would really recommend it. I love it, it is just amazing and I will definitely be repurchasing - a student must have!

What concealer do you like to use to cover dark circles?


SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I'm so obsessed with mine it's not never funny. It's just the best.
    Kallie, But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's incredible Kallie! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I love this concealer and have repurchased it a whole lot over the years. Right now though I am using Maybelline age rewind treatment in their brightening shade. Definitely a contender!

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northernbeauty85.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo thanks for recommending that Jenna! I'm going to have a look at that later today! Xxx

      Delete
  3. I have quite bad under eye circles so i'm always on the lookout for new concealers that actually work, so I'll definitely check this out! Great review!

    Kim xx
    kimbo95x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on with it Kim, its absolutely great. I used to use Clinque's which is very similar to this to look at, the exact name escapes me now.. But this is so much better and SO much cheaper!! Xxx

      Delete
  4. I've never tried the Maybelline Dream Lumi, but I love it's counterpart from L'oreal! It's remarkable how easy it is to blend, despite the thick consistency! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not yet tried any of the L'Oreal Concealers Daphne! I love Collection's Lasting Perfection SOO much!! Xxx

      Delete
  5. This is my favourite concealer at the moment too! Mine has lasted so long they've changed the packaging since I first got it! I haven't found a similar natural concealer to replace it with so I will probably have to repurchase this soon :)

    Ria x
    NatuRia Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ria :) it is amazing isn't it! I am not too sure on the packaging, purely because as its quite a thick consistency I don't think the brush is the best way to apply it. But that doesn't change my high opinion of it!! Xxx

      Delete
  6. I should definitely try this, it sounds perfect for me. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on Holly!! Thank you xxx

      Delete
  7. love your blog hun! just followed you on blogger, bloglovin and insta! keep in touch lovely xx

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maddy!! Hope you enjoy following xxx

      Delete
  8. love this concealer you summed it up perfectly! just started following your blog :) x

    littlemisswynne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig