Monday, August 05, 2013

NARS Blush in Orgasm

This is a LONG overdue purchase for me and has been on my wish list for quite some time! It is of course, the NARS Blush in their most famous of all shades, Orgasm.


If you are unfamiliar with NARS' range of blushes, all of the different shades have very rude and explicit titles! However if you can get past that, there are the most incredible colours to choose from. Orgasm, is just amazing and is the most beautiful peachy pink, dazzled with gorgeous gold shimmer...

I think the reason I have waited so long to get this is because I just refused to believe all the hype, but I finally went into Selfridges last week, swatched it and buckled! As with all NARS blushes, the quality of this just blows you away and I'm still in that novelty stage where every time I dust this over the apples of my cheeks, I just cannot believe how awesome it is. The formula is perfectly pigmented, so you don't need a lot of product - which is lovely as it does have rather a hefty price tag! And it also has incredible staying powder.

As I mentioned above and hopefully you can see from the swatch below, Orgasm is a beautiful peach that has an amazing gold shimmer running through it. I love peach tone blushes, especially during the Summer months as they tend to give a really healthy, radiant finish on the skin. I also want to add - please don't be frightened off by the shimmer!! It is by no means going to give you a glitter ball face and is just applies as a lovely, understated glow. It is truly, w o n d e r f u l.

NARS Blush in 'Orgasm' £21.50 | Available here

If you are looking for a new blush, then I really could not recommend this more strongly. It is the sort of colour that suits many-a-different skin tone, as you can wear it sheer or build it up if you prefer a heavier colour. Then again, if you dislike the coral, peachy toned blushes and tend to reach for a more rosey colour, then try Deep Throat as this is also gorgeous!

 If you're a student like me and and looking to save a few pennies, you can also grab it off ASOS with a 10% discount. NARS products are expensive, but if you choose well then I find that they tend to be the ones that remain quality staples in your make up bag.

Which other blushes do you love from NARS?

See my review on the incredible, NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moistuiser!


SHARE:

25 comments

  1. Nice review,
    the colour is pretty, i'm drooling this baby so much
    But actually in my country it didn't available

    www.forgetmenot-diary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!! That's such a shame, is there any way of getting hold of it on eBay? Xxx

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting this for ages! The colour is perfect for summer x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous for Summer Fern! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. This peach color is really lovely!!! I Have never tried their blushes though, I love my mac blush :D
    thanks for the share
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only tried their cream formulation, what are their powder brushes like?? Xxx

      Delete
  4. I love the orgasm shade! But then again everything from NARS is gorgeous. :) I just started a fashion blog recently and would love for you to check it out. Follow for a follow on GFC and bloglovin? x

    choosfashion.blogspot.com

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9066911

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Alyssa! I have a wish list as long as my arm!! I'd love to, I'll come and say hello after I get home from work :) xxx

      Delete
  5. the colour is amazing!!! ;)

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've only got orgasm but i do love it! i'm trying to use up some blush so i can justify buying more nars hehe!

    i find it hard to hit pan on blush tho... takes me AGES to use!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha there's always an excuse to buy some more NARS Catrine!! I agree, I'm glad they're long lasting otherwise I'd be racking up a hefty bill on blushes!!! Xxx

      Delete
  7. Love it,i want this! Haha :D

    Wanna follow each other?
    Let me know on my blog, and i will follow back for sure :)

    You can also join my Romwe giveaway here: http://teenfashioncorner.blogspot.com/2013/08/win-dress-from-romwe.html

    Keep in touch

    http://teenfashioncorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey honey, I'll come over and say hello :) xxx

      Delete
  8. I've been looking for a blush for a while! Can't seem to find the right one for my complexion! I wanted one which has a shimmer to it so this seems like a good option, you seem to show it's worth the investment so I may take the plunge!

    xsundaygirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely one of the NARS products that is worst the investment Anita!! It will take you a while to even hit pan on it, I couldn't recommend it more xxx

      Delete
  9. this is already sitting and waiting on my birthday list! the Sleek blush in Rose Gold is uber similar too!

    Sophie xo | sophielouisew_

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo I've not compared it to the Sleek blush Sophie!! I might pop into SuperDrug late and have a little look!! I hope you do get this for your birthday its SO gorgeous xxx

      Delete
  10. Hi there, thanks for your comment on my Birchbox post.
    I’m now following you back :)
    Much love, Sarah x

    http://sarahamyruth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah!! Lovely to hear back from you :) xxx

      Delete
  11. Great review! I really love the colour, I tried out one of the Dainty Doll blushes in shade 004 which is very similar and I'll have to make do with for now! xx

    Curls and Swirls Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried any of the Dainty Doll products Kat!! I'm having a good old google now.. xxx

      Delete
  12. Oooh this is such a pretty colour! NARS has been all over the place lately. My MAC bronzer is on its last legs so I think I'm going to invest in a NARS one next xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I STILL haven't bought Laguna Nicole.. that's something else on my wish list... I don't think I can be a beauty blogger without Laguna!! Xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig