Thursday, August 01, 2013

OOTD: Mad About The Maxi

Hello all!! Happy August - we have officially made it three quarters of the way through 2013! A quick outfit of the day today and because it's so gorgeous outside at the moment, I am loving my maxis. This is the newest one in my wardrobe and another amazing bargain found in the River Island Summer Sale.

Y-Back Maxi Dress River Island £12 SALE | Rose Gold Watch Michael Kors £229 | L.O.V.E Rings River Island £3

I love me a print maxi in the Summer and when I saw this in amongst all the River Island goodies, I just couldn't resist!! The material itself is so striking - I absolutely adore the areas of angled block colour and how the bright azure and turquoise blues are used against monochrome stripes....

I have really been loving the style of this maxi in particular over the last couple of weeks. It is really shapeless, so has been something very cool to wear in the hot weather. As the rest of you London-ers will know, it has been sweltering on the tube the past couple of weeks - so I've worn this whenever I can! I think the cut is also really flattering... can you tell I've been enjoying the drop hem at the moment?! I actually didn't get a photo of the back, but the straps cross into a Y-shape with a gold metal feature that sits just between your shoulder blades, which I think is fab. The one and only niggle I do have with this dress though, is that the jersey fabric is very thin and somewhat see-through... especially in the sunlight! Aaaaah!! I think it is certainly best worn as more of a holiday, beach dress however in this rare, tropical climate we are having in the UK at the moment, I think I've got away with it!

What's your favourite maxi at the moment?

REMEMBER TO ENTER MY INTERNATIONAL MAC GIVEAWAY!!


SHARE:

10 comments

  1. This is such a gorgeous dress! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. its a lovely dress for summer! i love the geometric paterns.

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    dont forget to enter my RiRi Woo Giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brigitte!! Exciting giveaway, I'll come and have a little look when I get home :) xxx

      Delete
  3. This dress looks lovely! I really like the mixture os stripes and block colour.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Hannah I love it!! Such a great little bargain :) xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig