Sunday, August 11, 2013

Soap & Glory | One Heck Of A Blot

I am absolutely loving Soap and Glory at the moment and have been so impressed by the quality of their gorgeous cosmetics range. I have a few of these to share with you over the next few days, but wanted to start with 'One Heck of a Blot' which seriously, is one heck of a make up essential this Summer.


This is a super sheer, translucent mattifying powder, which literally says goodbye to shine in seconds. An oil-absorbing powder, which is suitable for all skin types and keeps make up put all day long, this really is a break through formula from Soap and Glory and has pride of place in my make up bag at the moment...

Soap and Glory call this powder Amazing, Addictive and Invincible and I couldn't think of a better triology to describe it. If you're looking for something a little more sturdy and with better staying power  than Rimmel's Stay Matte, than this is your guy. Like all Soap and Glory products, the packaging is lovely. I think it has all the feel of 'Benefit' about it, minus the price tag! This, along with their bronzing and blush bricks, is really compact and offers a brilliant sized mirror and above-average powder puff. I do keep the powder puff in there, for a quick fix, however to achieve a more overall even finish, I will use a powder brush or kabuki to really set my make up as this gives more of a flawless 'loose powder' kind-a finish.


In terms of the formula, One Heck of a Blot is so impressive. This Summer, my skin seems to have had a bit of a wobbly and become somewhat oily, so it is sometimes a struggle to stop my make up from slipping throughout the day. However, this has very strong staying powder and I find myself taking it out of my handbag to reapply, then finding I don't actually need to. It has a smooth, velvety finish that doesn't crease or highlight dry patches and because it is finely milled, gives a lovely, flawless look. As well as this, it is so light so wear and because it is totally translucent, one shade suits all. It is simply amazing - does everything you want a setting powder to do and comes in at the really affordable price of £12.

Soap and Glory 'One Heck of a Blot £12 | Available here

If you're wondering whether to buy a loose or a pressed powder compact, have a read of my detailed guide on what the differences are, here.

What has pride of place in your make up bag at the moment?


SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I really want to try this! It looks amazing :) xx
    xtouchofbeautyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on with it if you pick it up Claire!! :) You won't regret it xxx

      Delete
  2. I have this, and I absolutely love it so much! Totally agree with your review sweetie

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey! Me too, it's my favourite pressed powder by a mile xxx

      Delete
  3. Ooh this sounds amazing! I hope the one shade fits all claim is true because I'm definitely picking this up! Thanks for sharing. xx

    www.ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think of it Fernanda!! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I want this and the bronzer Soap & Glory have to offer!

    http://ambertypes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Amber, the Solar Powder looks so gorgeous!! It's 2 for £15 on S&G in Boots at the moment so they could be your duo!! xxx

      Delete
  5. I got the loose one last week and haven't tried it yet! This was a good reminder! Nice blog!

    Anna-Kate Xx

    itstheseason.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've not tried S&G's loose powder - let me know how you get on!! Xxx

      Delete
  6. S&G is such a great brand. I never really recommend their products or talk about them much but every time I've bought anything from the range it's shocked me in a good way. I'm actually addicted to the creamy khol pencils they do in black and brown with the sharpener on top, for £5 they are such a bargain! I do agree that they are very 'Benefit' which is okay because I love Benefit but for times when I'm on a budget, S&G is definitely a winner. I haven't tried this powder but I'll be sure to put it on my list the next time I'm in Boots!

    Great review, thank you :-)
    http://jaydeparis.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig