Friday, August 16, 2013

Soap & Glory | Archery Precision Shaping Pencil

There were a few bits I wanted to pick up from the Soap and Glory stand this month and this was actually a bit of a spontaneous purchase, to make up the 3 for 2 offer. I can put my hands up and say I've never used a brow tint and have adamantly been a powder gal before now. However, this product has turned the tables...


'Archery' is a duo Brow Precision Shaping Pencil which has a 'felt tip' tint at one end and a brow pencil at the other, allowing you to use two different mediums to create your perfect brow. It is available in two colours: 'Love is Blonde' which is an ash-blonde shade and 'Brownie Points', a darker toned brown. I actually picked up what I thought was the wrong colour for me - 'Love is Blonde' but have found that this is absolutely perfect for filling in areas where my brows are more sparse and just creating a natural look...

Left: Tint | Right: Pencil
First off, I'm going to talk about the tint which really has revolutionised by brow routine. The fine pointed, fibre felt tip pen makes for very easy use and allows you to draw fine 'hairs' to make up for areas where your brows are in need of some filling in. This just leaves you with a completely natural-looking finish and is so much more effective at creating that 'subtle' but defined eyebrow, than powder or pencil. For an everyday look, when I don't want to wear too much make up, this is all I will use and I find that once you've brushed through the brows with some clear mascara or setting gel, this will stay put pretty much all day. I L O V E it. 

Ok so onto phase two, the pencil, which for me is actually the optional half of this product and something that I'll only use if I want my brows to look a little bit heavier. Like many brow pencils, this has a really waxy formula that is very easy to apply. The screw up re-fill allows for no fiddly sharpening and the colour of the pencil, is really very natural. I would say this would certainly be the shade to choose if you have blonde hair colouring and even mid-brown tresses like mine. 'Brownie Points' is very much a pencil for brunettes however probably a smidgen to light for black hair.

Archery Brow Tint and Pencil £10 | Available here
Overall, I am absolutely in love with this product and will definitely be repurchasing. It will create the perfect everyday brow for you and as well as this, offers a little more drama if you're keen to completely fill in with the pencil.

What product do you use on your brows?


SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I always worry with pencils that my eyebrows will look fake and drawn on, especially being blonde! I saw these in Boots but stayed well clear but I might have to try them now, plus I always bypass Soap & Glory makeup and go straight to their body care!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Belle! I used to be the same and for a while completely forgot about their cosmetics!! But they're absolutely fab and this brow duo is so so natural xxx

      Delete
  2. I never used any brow pen as my brow is thick and perfect. love the review.. didn't know they have now makeup collection though.. thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their make up is absolutely great Jannatul! Xxx

      Delete
  3. wow! I love how there are two sides to it. I have been looking for new products for my eyebrows, thanks!
    would love to have us follow each other :)
    ♥Stacey Nguyen

    www.trendyoutings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacey, I'll come over and say hello :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I love Soap & Glory and this sounds really good! Sometimes powder does make your brows look too heavy xx

    Curls and Swirls Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Kat, this is so subtle and very natural!! Xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig