Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Christian Dior Créme De Rose

Let me introduce you to one of the most luxurious products on my dressing table. This is the Christian Dior Creme De Rose Lip Balm, which you may already recognise from my August Favourites video.


This is a soothing, plumping lip balm and it is wonderful. At a whopping £20, you would surely expect it to be! The Creme De Rose is one of those lip balms that you put on last thing at night and when you wake up in the morning, you can still feel it on there doing it's job. It smells amazing, feels amazing and is just absolutely beautiful...

Dior Creme De Rose Lip Balm £20 | Available here

The experts at Dior claim that it's extreme nourishing power comes from the 'rare and precious' Damask Rose essential oil extract, which is combined with Shea butter and an anti ageing complex to produce this unique formula. It is certainly an extremely soothing and hydrating product however as far as plumping goes - I'm not convinced. It does nurture the lips and prevent dryness, thereby giving a smoother appearance and perhaps the illusion of fuller lips, however I don't find it hugely plumping. Having said that, that doesn't let it down as a product for me - the consistency is beautiful and it smells gorgeous. I'm not one to fall weak at the knees for rose water scents, however this is somehow subtle and mesmerising, at the same time. I do feel, that for £20, the packaging somewhat lets it down as a high end lip balm. However, inside the pot, is a product of pleasure.

Because of the price tag, I tend not to wear this under lipstick as it is an expensive product, so I don't like the effects to be masked by putting anything over the top! But, if you do suffer with dry, chapped lips, or even if you are just on the hunt for a quality, high end lip balm, then I would thoroughly recommend this. J'adore.

What are you loving on your lips at the moment?


SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Okay, now I need to buy this.
    It just sounds so divine & I love anything rose right now!

    I just recently received the eve lom kiss mix which is a pretty heft £16 but im excited to try it as her products are lovely!

    This sounds ideal for A/W !
    Great review lovely :)

    Latasha xx |Today I Adore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I've not tried any of Eve Lom's products!! Excited to read your review Latasha. Your lipstick is in the post - let me know when you've received it! xxx

      Delete
  2. Oooh this looks lovely, and I thought my Nuxe one was pricy haha :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Claire it's a little pricey - I won't be repurchasing again in tooo much of a hurry, however lovely it is! xxx

      Delete
  3. everytime i'm in sephora i walk over, sniff this, swatch this, feel mesmerized, then force myself to walk away from it haha!! i do love this, it seems so perfect. one day, when i feel like i deserve that special treat, i'll pick this up! :)

    rachel x
    blush&brunch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that was me a couple of months ago Rachel! I caved. Let me know when you do pick it up :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Rose, as in both the colour and the scent, is just my absolute favourite. I might have to be a bit naughty and treat myself to this. Thanks for sharing :)

    Demi | Kiss & Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then it sounds the ideal product for you Demi! Let me know if you do pick it up :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Oh this seems quite promising.I'd really like to try it. Great review! :)
    www.cosasbella.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks lovely! I think my favourite lip balm has got to be my trusty Burts Bees. It always fixes my dry lips. xx

    Curls & Swirls Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have my mango Burt's Bees in my handbag for on the go! I love it - I think it stays great under lipstick too xxx

      Delete
  7. This just looks like a dream. High beauty products isnt something that I have a lot of, I should really invest in more as you really do get what you pay for! x

    Kirsty Rockit Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely true Kirsty! This is absolutely gorgeous xxx

      Delete
  8. I cant wait to try this the next time im in Sephora. Ive heard nothing but great things about it!

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly one of the greats Kristen!! Let me know what you think :) xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig