Friday, September 13, 2013

MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Sweet & Sour

Last week in MAC, I hit gold. Or orange... which is probably a little more correct! This is Sweet & Sour, which was a limited edition shade in MAC's Cremesheen line, bought out with the 'All About Orange' Collection earlier this Summer. 


It wasn't until Sweet & Sour was sold out EVERYWHERE, that it flew to the top of my lust list. Then, when I popped into MAC last week I asked on the off chance and low and behold, we checked the 'limited edition left-overs' draw and there was one lonely Sweet & Sour with my name sprawled across it, sitting in the corner. Bingo. And, I love it. This gorgeous peachy-nude lipstick has rarely left my lips over the last few days...


Sweet & Sour is a Cremesheen formulation and if you've been reading my blog for a while now you'll know this is my faaavourite formulation from MAC. I love the beautiful, natural and glossy finish that these guys have on the lips; they're incredibly smooth, lightweight to wear and the staying power is fab. This shade is described as a 'lightened, pink-tinted peach' and is certainly a little darker in the bullet than on your lips. It is a gorgeous soft peach - a little like Shy Girl, however somewhat more 'obviously' orange and with a little more oomph! The pigmentation is great and the colour pay off is excellent - certainly a true Cremesheen.

I'm not going to post a link to this particular shade as it was limited edition earlier this year and it is now a slippery little sucker to get ahold of. However, you can browse MAC's permanent collection here. If you're looking for an orange shade to wear during Autumn, Shy Girl is a beautiful, understated shade however I would also really recommend Morange - a very bold, show-stopper of an orange. What better time of year to wear burnt out orange than fall?!

Are you a fan of orange lipstick?


SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Replies
    1. I agree Jannatul :) I think it's quite Summery though so trying to wear it as much as I can before Winter comes! Xxx

      Delete
  2. This is such a pretty shade :)
    I need it! I need It! I need it! I'd wear this an everyday lippy as it's not harsh at all.
    Chanelle Jade xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com
    Don't forget to enter my Soap & Glory giveaway! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep your eyes peels Chanelle, one might pop up on eBay! I use it as an everyday colour, it's really wearable :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful shade, I wish it weren't LE as it's so pretty! xx

    Curls & Swirls Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Kat - I'm trying to use it sparingly! *tear xxx

      Delete
  4. This is so gorgeous, I don't own an orange toned lipstick and this would be the perfect 'dipping my toes into orange' starter colour. Such a shame it's LE!

    www.gleepface.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try Shy Girl if you're jus tlooking to dip your toes in!! It's looovely and extremely subtle xxx

      Delete
  5. Such a gorgeous summery colour x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous shade, it really suits you. I wish I could wear the lighter sades but bright colours tend to suit me more, I'm a huge fan of Morange :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire!! Morange is on my wish list!! Xxx

      Delete
  7. The shade is really nice! Perfect for everyday!
    www.vworldrocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that it's more on a 'peachy' side, not so very 'orangy' bold :) And it's perfect to wear it for everyday, like you've said :)
    If you want you can check out my blog & maybe follow each other (gfc, bloglovin)?

    xoxo
    Maja
    http://modern-muffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Maja! I'll come have a look and say hello!! xxx

      Delete
  9. Why do some of the prettiest colours have to be limited edition!? This makes me so sad, but gorg post!X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Nicole!! I wish they'd add some to their permanent collection... this one included! xxx

      Delete
  10. I'm always wearing orange based lipstick. At the moment my favorite one to wear is 'Stila Convertible Color Dual Lip and Cheek Cream' in the shade Gladiola! Need to try Mac lipstick still X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita!! I've not purchased any Stila yet, I'm really excited to try it though as I always here good things about it as a brand. I would really recommend trying MAC's lipsticks - they're just incredible! Xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig