Monday, September 02, 2013

Michael Todd Blue Green Algae Toner

You might already recognise this guy as one of the stars in my August Monthly Favourite Video, but it is just so wonderful, that I cannot go without praising it in writing too. For those who are unfamiliar with Michael Todd, they are a US brand who's skincare ethos is very much organic - 97% of their ingredients are sourced in this way.

This is their Blue Green Algae Toner which has magical antibacterial properties. So much so, that it is suggested in the treatment and prevention of acne. Fortunately, I don't suffer with acne, however, like most of us, my skin does break out when I'm stressed, or if I've been eating the wrong things. But I can tell you that this has just completely cleared up my skin and even seems to have banished those dreaded bad skin days. It is just absolutely fantastic and already has a place on my skincare holy grail list...

Michael Todd Blue Green Algae Antibacterial Toner $18 | Available here
If you have dry skin, you may have been told to look for products that contain Hyaluronic Acid as, as well as aiding in cell renewal, this is a highly moisturising ingredient. Many toners on the market contain alcohol, so they tend to be very drying on the skin and rip your skin of the moisture that it needs. Todd's toner is alcohol free, so we don't need to worry about this and the Hyaluronic Acid means that its actually going to have a part in hydrating and nourishing your skin. This is great for me, as having had quite oily, combination skin this Summer, sometimes it is difficult to find hydrating products that aren't going to make my skin even more so inclined. But this toner is a universal product and suitable for all skin types so if you do have dry skin, this could be really great for you. This is packed with amino acids, vital nutrients and aloe vera, to promote toxin elimination and stimulate cell renewal. It also has a gorgeous, fresh lavender scent and if you've been reading my blog for a while now, you'll already know that I'm a sucker for anything lavender! I cannot fault it.

The Blue Green Algae Toner retails at $18, which I believe is a really good price for a high end toner that does indeed work wonders. If you compare Michael Todd to a brand such as REN, who are also nasty-free, paraben-free etc., but who come with something of a more hefty price tag, then I actually find their price list very encouraging!

Want to order with 20% off Michael Todd for a WHOLE YEAR? Click here.

Have you fallen in love with any of Michael Todd's products?


SHARE:

14 comments

  1. This sounds amazing, I would love a nifty little product like this in my routine! Great review!
    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with you about the price! It's so worth it if you're getting such good results and the ingredients are high quality. You really do have to try out one of their masks next, they're sooo good :)

    Ria x
    NatuRia Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree Ria, I'm definitely lusting over their masks - especially the avacado one it looks so lovely! xxx

      Delete
  3. I'd love to try this but cant find it anywhere in the UK!

    http://ambertypes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael Todd ship internationally, tax free Amber - I was a little worried about ordering it all the way from the US but they have great customer service and everything was fine :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Hey there, I really love your blog and it’d be great if we followed each other. Let me know on my blog? Thanks, much love Sarah x

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah :) I've left you a comment over on your blog xxx

      Delete
  5. Hi Em, can't wait for your next video. I have to buy this product now, it sounds so good! you should do a Millie Mackintosh inspired makeup/outfit. you two look so much a like. :-) you are going to be one successful lady x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you Christina!! That's so encouraging to hear. I can tell you that there should be another video up on my channel at the weekend but the topic is going to be a surprise...! Let me know how you get on if you do order the toner, I absolutely love it xxx

      Delete
  6. What an amazing review, Emily. Thank you! We're big fans of our blue algae toner and are glad it is a staple in your routine now! Indulge in our masks! LiveChat us, our customer service are all licensed skin care experts and can help you find a mask specifically for your skin type! We look forward to many business orders with you and many many more blogs! Your photography is incredibly enticing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome guys! Thank you! I absolutely love it, I'm definitely going to put another order in with you, I want to try the charcole scrub and I'm thinking the Avacado mask too!!

      Delete
  7. After reading your review I've ordered one of their discovery kits with a sample of the toner in it, can't wait for it to arrive!! How long did it take to reach you?? xx

    P.S. can't wait to see you make more videos, you're lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo let me know how you get on with it Tallis!! Umm I think this took about two weeks to arrive. I ordered another few bits an pieces just over a week ago now and expecting it to arrive any day now - fingers crossed! They should have sent you a tracking link in your dispatch email but I'm not sure if you can see where it has got to after it has left Miami?!

      Thank you so much!! Glad you're enjoying them xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig