Sunday, September 22, 2013

NARS Sheer Lipstick | Venice

First and foremost - I must apologise that my posts have become less regular this month. I have been SO busy in my last month at work, as well as packing to return to Durham next weekend. Also, starting youtube has meant that I've spent a lot of my time editing rather than writing! BUT the posts will become much more frequent this week, starting with this lovely lipstick from NARS.

This is Venice, one of NARS' Sheer Lipsticks and I must admit, this is the only NARS lipstick I own. I actually have been meaning to do this post for a while, but when I first took this out of its packaging and gave it a go, I wasn't overly impressed. So, it went to the back of my lipstick draws and was buried among my more favoured MAC and YSL goodies. Having said that, I had a bit of a rummage around last week, pulled it out again and after a second chance... actually, I rather like it...  

NARS Sheer Lipstick £18.50 | Available here

Venice is described as a 'soft, frosted pink' and usually, sheer, lipsticks with a frosted finish are way out of my comfort zone. I'm much more at home with the smooth, glossy finish of a YSL Rouge Volupte or MAC Cremesheen. But, I also have found this very comfortable to wear and I'm enjoying sporting a bit of a different finish. I actually think it's similar to Creme Cup in colour, but obviously much more sheer and subtle on the lips. It is true that is does give much more of a frost to the lips than pigment, so don't expect a generous colour pay off - for more than just a pearlescent shimmer, it does take a bit of work. I find that the finish looks really great with a smokey eye and compared with some sheer formulations, the shimmer is not 'too much' - really wearable, all year round. I'm really liking this. 

Have you tried any lipsticks from NARS? What can you recommend!


SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Such a pretty colour!x
    http://louabellex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pretty shade! I'm a fan of subtle pink colours just because I always like to emphasize the eyes ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Silviabia, I think a sweet pink always looks so lovely accompanying a smokey eye xxx

      Delete
  3. What a lovely color. I've never tried a Nars lipstick myself.
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first Kallie, I'm really keen to try their other formulations! Xxx

      Delete
  4. Great post! the colour really suits you :)
    Meg xx (new follower)

    peachpips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg!! Thank you for following, I think its super pretty too! A lipstick I wouldn't usually wear - it's good to get out of my comfort zone! Xxx

      Delete
  5. I so understand the whole blog & Youtube upkeep issue. When I am blogging lots, I drag behind in editing & uploading or visa versa!

    Haven't invested in NARS lipsticks yet, but this does look great on you. It's funny how wearing something a few times can change our initial reaction to the product!

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northern Beauty 85

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so difficult to juggle both isn't it Jenna!! It certainly is, thank you sweetie! xxx

      Delete
  6. I love their matte collection.. I have the red jungle of Nars and it's my fvt ever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to go and try one Jannatul!! Thank you for the recommendation xxx

      Delete
  7. A nice alternative to a nude lip for the day time! Looks gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole, really enjoying using it!! Such a different finish to what I usually go for xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig