Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Rimmel Apocalips | Big Bang

Big Bang is one of the Apocalips shades that I have been lusting over for a looong while and when I saw that Rimmel had bought out even more shades for Autumn, it was an excuse to go over and have a gander. Since they made their debut in the UK this Summer, I have been using Nude Eclipse and Luna like there has been no tomorrow and now, this guy has joined my fleet.


Eight colours have now become thirteen and the five Apocalips newbies are really something to put on your Winter lust list. Out Of This World could just be my favourite - a beautiful pink with a subtle shimmer; this shimmer being somewhat unique within the range. However, despite a host of new colours, I still walked away with Big Bang. It really is just the perfect cherry red and the formulation of these lip lacquers, really is something to rave about...

Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang £5.99 | Available here

The Rimmel Apocalips are a hybrid if you lie, between a lipstick and a gloss. Their longevity is really, very commendable and the healthy, glossy finish is beautiful. They taste great, feel great, look great and now with a whopping thirteen different shades - there is one for everyone. I actually recommended these to my good friend Ellie a couple of weeks ago, who picked up Celestial and Big Bang and I can report, that she loves them too!

Big Bang is the ultimate pin up red. On the red scale, it has a slightly warm hue and is almost like MAC's Russian Red in liquid form, and almost two thirds of the price. The pigmentation is awesome; they're a doddle to apply and are also somewhat hydrating. If you haven't got any of these yet, I cannot urge you enough to take a trip to the Rimmel stand and swatch some of the colours that take your fancy. I ADORE them.

What's your favourite?

SHARE:

24 comments

  1. I currently have the Celestial Lip Laquer and I love it however I do find that it tends to go on your teeth so I am always conscious of that but apart from that I do love it when it is on. I love this shade but don't know if I am brave enough to wear it..definitely need to check out the new autumn shades.

    www.becka-thisismyworld.blogspot.com
    Becka! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celestial is one of the ones I really want to pick up Rebekah! I haven't found them too much of a problem with my teeth... YET! Definitely go and have a look, they've got a deeper, more vampy red now too, which would be a bit nicer for autumn and also a better shade to go for if you're not used to bolder lips xxx

      Delete
  2. lovely colour! x

    http://lifeinlipstick.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shade. I have 'Luna' and find its one of the best lip glosses I have used, they are just so pigmented and glossy. One of my favourite lip products for sure.

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Luna Belle :) me too, one of my favourite products of 2013 - so far! xxx

      Delete
  4. Omg this looks phenomenal on you. I could not pull this color off. I do however, really wanna try these glosses! Loved reading your review!
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kallie!! Yes you definitely could!! Let me know if you try them, I think they're fab xxx

      Delete
  5. This is a classic!!
    www.vworldrocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that colour is gorgeous! I have Luna but don't wear it often enough. This shade looks more me!

    www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is a stunner Carly!! I love Luna, it's such a pretty peachxxx

      Delete
  7. Hi! i have apocalips colour 100 it's nude, but smells awful and dont stay at lips.
    I'm a beginning fashion blogger.check out www.shawsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's unfortunate, I've never had any trouble! I'll come and say hello xx

      Delete
  8. um, can i just say that this color looks AMAZING on your lips! gotta try it <3

    http://www.yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! the color is really pigmented !!Pretty on you lips too !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's craaazy pigmented Jannatul!! :) xxx

      Delete
  10. Big Bang is on my wishlist! I wrote a post about beauty items I'm lusting after and made sure to put this gem on it. It looks like such a great colour, fingers crossed I get a hold of it soon!

    Alana Gets Healthy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love the colour too!! I'll come and have a look at the rest of your lust list Alana! xxx

      Delete
  11. I do love apocolips but I have to be very careful not to get it on my teeth or smudge it, which means I basically can't move my mouth, talk or eat/drink when wearing them!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Kylie!! I haven't had this problem fortunately! :( I'm glad you still love them like you say and this hasn't put you off completely :) xxx

      Delete
  12. I REALLY want to try these lip lacquers! Especially in Big Bang and Celestial!

    Yuen @ The Craziest Paradigm - a 'lil bit of rust & stardust

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do try them out Yuen!! I love them xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig