Thursday, September 26, 2013

Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation

If you have been following my blog for some time, you'll know I'm a huge fan of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. It's my favourite of favourites. A foundation that is very light on the skin, but also one which gives an incredible flawless coverage, I am now reluctant to venture onto anything else. But, the beauty girl in me can't say no; this is the Perfect Refining Foundation from Shiseido.


I've been giving this guy a go over the last few weeks and I'm actually really enjoying it. This is my first touch on Shiseido as a brand and so far... so good. It is named as a medium coverage foundation, with a semi-matte finish. Like my beloved Chanel, it has a very liquid-y consistency, and so I find the best way to apply it is with my finger tips and then I tend to use the Real Techniques Buffing brush to smooth out any tide lines. It just gives a really beautiful, 'perfect' finish and I'm rather taken with it...

 
Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation £35 | Available here

True to it's shop-floor description, this is a semi-matte foundation. This suits me, as I prefer the 'dewy' word and will always choose the healthy glow over a matte finish foundation. I also think the coverage is great - not too heavy to wear, but it will conceal any minor redness or blemishes. I would agree that it is medium coverage, but definitely buildable if you do prefer a little something more.

Skin type makes a huge difference to the final finish of any foundation and, admittedly, over the past few months I have found my skin swinging to the more oily end of the spectrum. However, having said that, during the winter my skin tends to balance out a little more and become a more normal/combination. Shiseido say that the Perfect Refining Foundation is made for a normal/combination complexion, so I'm thinking that I'm going to enjoy wearing this more over the winter. If your skin does tend to be more oily, then use a setting powder and a primer if you need to, in order to improve the longevity and finish as I do find that I've had to do a few touch ups. But, I would say I can manage 5-6 hours if I've used a setting powder, so really, I have no complaints.

It also has SPF15 in it - the perfect SPF for a foundation, I think. This is what I always look for in a high end foundation and SPF15 is just perfect, as it isn't going to make you like you have cling film on your face in photo. In fact, the finish is beautiful. Your skin is left looking fresh, even and completely smooth. It really is a gorgeous base.

The one niggle I have is the packaging, it's REALLY diddy so perfect for carrying around in a make up bag, but for the whopping £35 price tag, I just don't feel it ticks the box. But, having said that, I am really liking this. I'll let you know more in a couple of months!

What's your favourite foundation? Do you love drugstore or high end?

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I do love my Shiseido foundation, I have the waterproof suncare one, and I wear it on holiday! I haven't tried this one though! Not sure how I'd fare with it though as I do have problem skin and right now my favourite is the beloved Estee Lauder Double Wear!

    www.gleepface.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really keen to try that one next Summer!! I've heard the staying power is like nothing else so it would be great for my Summer time, oily skin. I have heard amazing things about Double Wear!! So glad you've found one you love, I always find myself becoming quite loyal to foundations - Chanel in particular!! Xxx

      Delete
  2. Any foundation with SPF15 in is always going to do well with me, I'll have to try this next time mine runs out. I am loving Estee Lauder at the moment!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on with it if you do try it out Belle! I'm really loving it - seems to grow on me every time I use it! xxx

      Delete
  3. Haven't tried their foundation yet but I do love their primer though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you done a review on it Jannatul??? xxx

      Delete
  4. I love your blog lovely reviews really liked this one and the mac lipstick now following you hope you follow back too! :) x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig