Wednesday, September 04, 2013

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick

Over the next few days I have some absolutely gorgeous lip products to show you and today, I'm going to start with my favourites. These, are YSL's Rouge Volupte and Rouge Volupte Shine Lipsticks, with which I am absolutely smitten.

I actually fell in love with #15 Corail Intuitive to begin with, which is a shade in the Voulpte Shine range. Compared to the more classic Rouge Volupte, these give a much more sheer and glossy finish than the classic formulation, which has more of an immediate colour pay off... 

Corail Intuative (#15 - pictured left) is an absolutely beautiful coral colour which is very wearable and a shade I that I imagine would suit many different skin tones. The formulation is gorgeous - incredibly glossy, lightweight and hydrating, but also perfectly buildable. I was SO impressed with it, that I started scouring for other lovely shades, but it was the sweet candy of #7 Lingerie Pink (pictured right) in the classic Rouge Volupte line, which eventually tugged at my heart strings. Compared to the Shine lipsticks, this formulation is still as creamy, but certainly has a higher pigmentation and a little more stretch in terms of staying power. But having said that, I find both formulations to have a really encouraging staying power. They are both really smooth and they also taste UNbelieveable - if you love your passionfruit/mango, then give these guys a go.

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick | Available here WITH 15% OFF
YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick | Available here 

The gorgeous, golden packaging is identical to both the Rouge Volupte and Rouge Volupte Shine lipsticks and I just love it - it's so beautifully classic and matches the timeless statement that are these products. I find myself reaching for both of these every morning without even thinking, they're just wonderful.

If you're uhm-ing and aah-ing over the Classic Rouge Volupte line, or their Shine-y sisters, I would really recommend giving the Shine range a go. If you'd like something that can be worn sheer, but also that can be built up for a more dramatic colour, then these are perfect. For sheer lipsticks, they are incredible and as I said - I'm totally smitten. 

What are you wearing on your lips at the moment?


SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Gorgeous shades and the package always so lovely!!*-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree the packaging is absolutely lovely! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I recently bought Corail Intuitive and love it too! Lingerie Pink looks very tempting too! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's my faaaavourite Vicky! Can't get enough of it :) xx

      Delete
  3. These shades look amazing! So does the formula!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula has been compared to Chanel's Coco Shine Yuen, but is said to have longer staying power and higher pigmentation! Win! xx

      Delete
  4. Corail Intuative looks absolutely amazing! Right up my alley! It does seem to be a bit too glossy for my taste, i think I'll have to see these in person to be sure! xx


    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite glossy Daphne, but they feel so incredibly lightweight. I always go in with the lipstick and a mirror to reapply, but find I don't need to! If you prefer something a little less 'high-shine', try the Rouge Volupte formula as I find this tends to have a much less glossy finish xx

      Delete
  5. gorgeous lipsticks! really love the finish on them. thank you for sharing.

    x
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I own lingerie pink myself and LOOOOOVE it with a smokey eye. Its such a classic <3

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree Kristen - can't get enough of it!! xxx

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous color! Love their shades too

    ReplyDelete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig