Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Autumn In Amsterdam

Following my birthday last Thursday, I was lucky enough to be whisked away to Amsterdam over the weekend. Whilst I was out there, I couldn't resist doing my own take (with the few clothes I could fit in my carry on suitcase!) on some of the European Street style...


We stayed at the Albus Hotel whilst we were in Amsterdam, which is a really unique design hotel right next to Rembrandt Square and the Flower Market - the perfect location. The staff were more than happy to tender to our every need and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel. But,without further ado, here is a very Autumnal OOTD and some belated fashion for you...

Zara Black Double Breasted Jacket (Past Season) | ASOS Short Sleeve Skater Dress 

At the moment, it's all about layers. Layers, layers, layers. Layering a chunky knit over one of your Summer dresses is a great way to take your wardrobe into this season and also gives the illusion of a skirt. I love this simple, grey skater dress from ASOS, which I have paired with a gorgeous, mustard Angora jumper from this season's Zara collection. Recently, I am loving wearing this colour as it really fits the 'burnt out' for Autumn look.

I am also wearing my favourite coat - a double breasted wool jacket from last year's Zara Winter Collection. It's so classic and also fits in with the boyish cuts of A/W 13. On my feet, are my 'Understanding' cut-out boots from Office. I ADORE THESE. Probably my favourite fashion investment of the year so far, these gorgeous boots are super comfy and also super stylish. I was a little worries when I bought these over the Summer, that cut out boots were too much of a mini trend to go on. But my worries have been washed away and I would probably sleep in these if I could. The chunky heel also means they're reasonably comfy and not difficult to walk in. Street style in Amsterdam seemed to always include high socks, so I've pulled up some plain black socks beyond the line of my boots.

Finally, to accessorise I have on my new winter eye candy - these beautiful sunglasses from Rayban. These were a bit of a treat to myself from duty free at the airport and I've worn them everyday. They're not the classic wayfarer shape, but instead a little larger and with a sliiighhhhtttt cat-eye effect. I'm also wearing my Michael Kors Rose Gold Watch and these great rings from Topshop. For £10, you can pick up 6-7 rings, including some beautiful, on-trend midi styles.

So there you have it! My own take on Amsterdam Street Style. 

What are you wearing this Autumn?

SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Love your mustard coloured jumper! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful outfit! And your skin looks amazing!

    http://ambertypes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous! Flawless as usual. Hope you had a lovely time xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Nicole. Had an absolutely lovely time - feel very lucky! Hope you're having a good time back at uni. Your room looks fab xxx

      Delete
  4. You look lovely! I am off to Amsterdam on friday and this has made me so excited!
    Love your blog :)
    Sian xx
    http://madeinascot.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Sian!! Have an incredible time. Let me know what you get up to I would love to hear about your trip when I get back - I love Amsterdam! Xxx

      Delete
  5. I love the midi rings! I really need to get some! Awh I want to go to Amsterdam, it seems so pretty!xx
    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too Libby! Topshop' selection is really great at the moment xxx

      Delete
  6. I love this outfit, the boots are gorgeous!
    I hope you had a good birthday.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! I love them they're my babies haha. My birthday was lovely, one of the best yet xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig