Thursday, October 03, 2013

Fashion and Flowers

This year, for London Fashion Week, the girls at Interflora have collaborated with some of the UK's top bloggers to produce a union between fashion and foliage. Inspired by some of this seasons most memorable shows, these absolutely stunning stunning arrangements superbly convey some of our countries most iconic designers.

If you've been reading my blog for some time now, you'll know that I often showcase flowers in my photography. So, this week, Interflora have asked me to show you guys some of their incredible work and finest floristry techniques. I love flowers and I love fashion, so I'm so excited to write some words to accompany these magnificent creations. It is certainly not hard to fall in love with them...


Tom Ford is known for using a palette of purple and navy blues in many of his shows and the Interflora girls have continued this theme in this stunning arrangement. I love this stylish vase and the overall luxurious feel of these flowers. It's so so cleaver and definitely one of my favourites. 



Perhaps my favourite presentation, the Paul Smith arrangement are in these awesome boxes. This, and the arrangement of flowers into rows, serves as an endeavour to mirror the structure, masculinity and neat lines of the designer. Like his fashion, the feel of the flowers is tailored but with a beautiful feminine twist. 


The L'Wren Scott arrangement has a much more exotic appeal, with a real richness of gold and purple. Like the L'Wren evening dresses that were seen on the catwalks a few weeks ago, the Vanda Orchids and Black Bacarra roses ooze red-carpet glamour. This vase is just dripping with the same class and sophistication of the designer it emulates. Gold coils are also added to reflect her love of a metallic palette.


The Mulberry creation is probably my favourite and in my opinion, completely captures the essence of one of Britain's most traditional designers. The girls used English flowers such as Sweet Avalanche Roses and Hydrangeas, along with strings of beautiful pearls, to create a completely classic feel.


To me, Vivienne Westwood is the most exciting proposal and I absolutely adore this. Her outlandish and eccentric fashion is reflected by exotic orchids, yet her classic style blooms here, through the height of the gorgeous red rose. I love the use of the vase and the 'flow' seeks to mirror the 18th Century gowns that she is famous for. Love. 


Finally, for the Stella McCartney arrangement, the girls used fresh, bold colours to emulate the young and sporty atmosphere of the Adidas catwalk. Red has been used to convey attitude and confidence and Interflora have also shown confidence by displaying these beauties in a suitcase! Again, this is just gorgeous. 

I'm truly in awe at how beautiful each and every one of these arrangements are. They're so effective at communicating the atmosphere of some of LFW's biggest shows, even to the extent that I actually feel as if I've been in the frow. I can't wait to see what Interflora have in store in the future. 

For more from Interflora, follow their twitter @InterfloraUK or find their website, here.


Which arrangement is your favourite?


SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Such lovely photos! x

    http://lifeinlipstick.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post purely because I love how you use flowers within your photography!X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Nicole :) I love using flowers- it's nice to know of other people enjoying me using them too! Xxx

      Delete
  3. Hey there, loved your blog, just followed you, would you mind to follow back?

    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com

    MandySharesLife FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandy, thanks!! I'll come and say hello over at your blog now xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig