Monday, October 14, 2013

Make Believe Facial Self Tan With Bronzer

When it comes to self tanning, I turn to my go to brand which has always been St. Tropez. However, recently, I've been using this lovely facial tan from Make Believe, a brand that I've been unfamiliar with until now, but one which has instantly made a fantastic impression.


What I particularly like about this particular product, is that it offers an instant tan, as well as developing into a longer lasting colour over a few hours. This means that it can be used as an instant fix, for example if you need some additional colour before applying your make up to go out. Then, when you take your make up off, the self tan leaves behind a deeper, beautifully healthy glow. It's gorgeous. And, as if that isn't enough, it also goes beyond the brief of a self tan with a unique blend of Rainforest Oils, which intensely moisturises and conditions the skin...

*Make Believe Facial Self Tan With Bronzer £25 | Available at John and Ginger

My first impression of the product was a little scary. The dark green 'gloop' that came out of the pump and onto the back of my hand left me a little dubious! However, it blends into the skin beautifully and, as you can see from the photo above, you get an instant colour hit from the bronzer, which gives a really glowing complexion. Then, a slightly darker colour develops within about 2-4 hours after application. One of the first things that strikes you too, is that there is ZERO fake tan smell. This has the most lovely coconut, exotic fragrance and will not leave you smelling of - what my boyfriend says - dog biscuits. 

I am always wary of what I put on my face, but with this tanning product you really can rest easy. It contains a special blend of Rainforest Oils which intensely hydrate and moisturise so unlike some tanning products, it is unlikely to dry out your skin or become patchy - if you do suffer with dry areas. The gorgeous formula also contains anti-oxidents and fruit extracts to help protect against signs of ageing and as well as this, CoQ10 is included to help reduce the appearance of any fine lines and wrinkles. AND, on top of all of that, the overall appearance of the skin is improved with a Lipo Care Complex, which helps to tone and smooth. I can't quite believe how many benefits it has - you really are getting your money's worth here, with an all-in-one product. I want it in an 'all-over' body form!

At £25 for 75ml, it is at the higher end of the fake tanning market and I do think that for a more expensive product, the packaging slightly lets it down. Having said that, the pump dispenser is a great method of application and ensures no product is wasted. I'm really enjoying using this and although I haven't yet dipped my toes into many facial fake tans, this is already a contender for favourites. Note, that you MUST use latex gloves when applying this and/or thoroughly wash your hands, otherwise this WILL stain your fingers!

Do you use artificial tan on your face? Tell me what you use!

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. oh my gosh that's green haha!
    actually LOL'd at the dog biscuit part too, people always tell me I smell like biscuits when I tan.. maybe that was a polite way of putting across what your boyfriend thinks ha! I love how many plus's this tan has to it :) xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know! I was like whoaaa do I really want to be putting this on my face?! But it is really lovely and doesn't break my skin out either which I can find with some facial fake tans. And yes, I always get a bit told off about dog biscuits haha! xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig