Friday, October 25, 2013

Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Scrub

After falling in love with Michael Todd's Blue Green Algae Toner a couple of months ago, I decided to  order a few treats, toner included, before returning to University. The Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub was on my wish list and I'm really loving it - this is one of the best exfoliators I've used.

If you're unfamiliar with Michael Todd, they are a US based brand, who just make the most fantastic skincare products. A massive 97% of their ingredients are organic, so you can be sure with these guys that you're going to get the results you want, without putting any chemical nasties on your skin. Their Blue Green Algae Antibacterial Toner has become a holy grail product for me and now that I've introduced a few new luxuries from their range, my skin is looking and feeling better than ever...

Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub $18.50 | Available here

The formula contains Jojoba wax beads, which are incredibly effective at removing dead skin cells and toxins, but also, they are not at all abrasive on the skin. This is a really gentle but effective scrub - it feels really gorgeous to massage onto your face and will not leave behind microlacerations on delicate skin. The other, now somewhat infamous ingredient, is Activated Charcoal. This is super absorbent and highly successful in deeply penetrating the skin and drawing out toxins. It smells really lovely, like all Michael Todd products and as well as encouraging cell renewal and refining texture, will leave your skin feeling refreshed and baby soft.

The formulation is suitable for ALL skin types and is definitely gentle enough for those with sensitive or problem skin. I have used this 2-3 times a week for over a month now and my skin feels much more supple and less congested - which I'm really pleased about! A little goes a long way and at $18.50, it is the perfect facial scrub and if you compare the pricing to a brand like REN, who have a similar organic ethic, I actually find that Michael Todd are really affordable. They ship internationally, tax free and also do 20% OFF FOR A WHOLE YEAR! What are you waiting for?!

What do you using to exfoliate? More Michael Todd Reviews to come...

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. That look so good I definitely going to try it

    Coloreport

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on with it sweetie! Xxx

      Delete
  2. Emily! :) I've heard of Michael Todd but didn't know what kind of products they make haha this looks absolutely amazing!!! and looks very effecitve haha I really want to try it now!
    Also thank you so much for your comforting words on my blog (sorry I left my blog on the shelf and didn't read it earlier). Where exactly do you work in the regent street by the way? do you live in london? :) I'm sorry if this comes off rude, you don't have to answer on this xx

    Andrea xx
    savingsimplicity13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea! That's ok no problem :) I'm not on Regents Street anymore, I was just on the corner of Liberty. Now I'm back at University up in Durham!! Xxx

      Delete
  3. it looks more like a mud mask :/ would love to try then, thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes the charcoal colour makes it look like a mud mask! Let me know if you give it a go :) xxx

      Delete
  4. great review! Iv'e nominated you for The Sunshine Award, all the info about the award is on my blog :

    http://dazzleulooks.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/the-sunshine-award_25.html

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'll come over and have a look xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig