Friday, October 11, 2013

Sleek Face Form Palette

I turned away from contouring over the Summer, but after purchasing this a couple of weeks ago I'm back on the band wagon. This is Face Form from Sleek, which is anyone's best friend when it comes to contouring. Inside, is the perfect recipe for face definition: a contour powder, gorgeous highlight and blush.

The Face Form palette is the sister product of the very popular Face Contour Kit, also from Sleek. However, this compact contains three products rather than a duo, through the addition of a blush. It is the ultimate product for facial definition if you're on a budget, or even if you're a beginner to contouring and want to work with flattering light and shadow in your make up. Sleek have catered for all, in that the shades of each powder product are adapted to suit all skin tones: Fair, Light, Medium and Dark. This is the 'Light' compact and I am absolutely loving it...


To apply the contour powder, I use the Contour Brush from Real Techniques, which is the perfect size to fit in the gap between my cheekbones and soft enough to blend the powder. The payoff is great and it's completely matte - ideal for shadow. (If you are looking to contour, try and refrain from using a bronzer that contains shimmer - go for something matte and more 'brown' than terracotta.) The highlight is lovely, a little less pigmented than the contour, but it has a beautiful, ivory toned sheen that looks very flattering when it catches the light. The blush is also beautiful and is Sleek's single blush in 'Rose Gold' - a blogger favourite and well known dupe for the infamous NARS 'Orgasm' - very flattering on fair to light skin tones. It's a beautiful coraly-peach with flecks of gold, which give a gorgeous, healthy glow and aren't at all 'glittery' on the skin. Like the contour and highlight, the colour pay-off is awesome.

I am REALLY loving this palette - the ultimate face definition kit, if you're on a budget or if you're a beginner to contouring. And, with three products in one slim, compact palette with a great sized mirror, it's also a perfect kit to take away with you if you're travelling. Sleek have also catered to many different skin types and the Face Form kit is available in Fir, Light, Medium and Dark. It is worth noting that the Medium and Dark palettes do come with a bronzer, as opposed to a blush.

Do you like to contour? What do you use?

SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I love a bit of contouring so I will have to give this a try!

    www.accordingto-ellie.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on with it Ellie!! Xxx

      Delete
  2. I have this palette and I haven't stopped using it since I purchased it, its amazing!
    chanelle jade xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree Chanelle!! I'm loving it. Love having three products under one roof too! Xxx

      Delete
  3. I need this, I've wanted all the products separately for a while now!

    http://ambertypes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you can get all three at once Amber!! Xxx

      Delete
  4. I want to buy this palette but i cant find it in my country :/
    I'm a beginning fashion blogger, check my blog www.shawsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no that's such a shame. Which country do you live in?? Xxx

      Delete
  5. I really want to try this palette, it sounds amazing!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great Hannah!! You won't regret it :) xxx

      Delete
  6. I think I might get this, I've heard a lot of good reviews about it but I've never tried doing actual things to my face, if that makes sense? I think might get this though and give it a go!:)xox

    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Libby! Yes I know what you mean, I was like that for a while haha!! It's perfect if you want to start contouring and then, if you find you hate it, which I'm sure you won't! - you can just use the highlight and blush which are both beautiful xxx

      Delete
  7. love the colors!!!

    coloreport.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really want to purchase myself one of these but questioning will I actually use it? Hmm. Lovely post.
    www.becka-thisismyworld.blogspot.com
    Becka x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you would Rebekah!! Contouring really is a great little trick if you haven't tried it before, I too was slight sceptical but actually - I'm loving it! I've used it every day since I picked it up. Let me know of you do get your hands on it! Xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig