Wednesday, November 06, 2013

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss has long been raved about and rightly so - they're completely delicious. For me, these are actually the giants on the high street when it comes to glosses and have quickly become one of the most reached for products in my make up bag. Here are four of my favourites and why...


Jut before I get into the juicy bits, I'd like to say a massive thank you to Kristen from Your Beauty Fix, without who this post would not be possible! NYX is not yet available at the counter in the UK and up until recently has been a difficult brand to get hold of on this side of the pond. So I have Kristen to thank for sending me these gorgeous guys! And they really are lovely: in colour, texture, longevity, fragrance AND price...

1. Sugar Pie | 2. Sweet Heart | 3. Natural | 4. Beige

These guys are absolutely delicious. In general, the colour range for starters is fantastic, but with these, it is the formulation that really deserves the attention. They are deliciously thick without being sticky and glide onto the lips beautifully. The finish is amazing and will leave you with am incredibly glossy, high shine lip look that is perfect to wear by itself or layered over your favourite lipstick. And as if that wasn't enough... they smell like sweeties!

The colours I own are very neutral and it is only 'Sugar Pie', the peach, almost nude, gloss on the end which contains a sprinkle of shimmer. And I really do mean sprinkle - it is hardly noticeable when you apply the product and instead of looking like glitter ball lips, it just gives a lovely, healthy sheen. My own favourite shade, is 'Beige' which is the pinkest of the four colours you can see in the swatches above. I have taken to wearing this over my MAC Creme Cup Lipstick which you can see in my latest beauty video, here.

All in all, the Mega Shine glosses are completely lovely. They really are a fantastic, affordable option if you're looking for something shiny, which - let's face it - we all are as we enter the Christmas party season!

What is your favourite high street lip gloss? Are you a fan of NYX?

SHARE:

11 comments

  1. These look fantastic. Beige is definitely my kind of shade, it's so pretty! Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely Shannon! I've been wearing it so much recently xxx

      Delete
  2. I love these! Beige is my favourite ever x
    Joannaloves

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look and sound gorgeous, can't wait till they're here in the UK so i can get my hands on one. Loving the Sweet Heart and Beige shades! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they will be here soon Courtney!! xxx

      Delete
  4. These look lovely, love your photography too! Sweet Heart is my favourite I think :-) xx

    Curls & Swirls Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat! I'm loving Sweet Heart too - perfect for everyday xxx

      Delete
  5. YAYYY! So happy you love them. Its true, they smell super yummy <3


    Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They smell so much like sweeties!! Thank you so much Kristen :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Those are great colors. I'm always in the hunt for non-sticky glosses and I'm glad you said these weren't sticky. I have one, it was a gift, but I haven't tried it yet. Will do so now. :)

    ReplyDelete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig