Tuesday, November 12, 2013

#TheWinterProject | Favourite Winter Nails

If you're into your blogging, whether it be as a reader or a writer, you may have heard of a little something called #TheWinterProject, which begins today! I am so excited to be taking part in the project, which is a series of posts published every Tuesday on a different beauty or fashion topic - involving a seasonal twist! To begin with, today's post showcases my favourite winter nail polishes, five of which you can see below...


As much as I love the bright, citrus hues of Spring and Summer, I always look forward to the darker, burnt out shades that Winter fashion brings. My favourite nail polishes are a massive part of this and are also a means of incorporating some much-loved sparkle into an outfit, ready for the party season! Today, I've chosen a handful of my go-to colours that I wear most regularly throughout the colder months...

Leighton Denny 'Best Seller' | Essie 'Tea and Crumpets'

To begin with, let me introduce you to my favourite 'evening' varnishes. Christmas gives us all the excuse to wear red and gold and my favourite 'Christmassy' red is Leighton Denny's 'Best Seller'. This is a beautiful deep crimson colour, with glitter that sparkles when it catches the light - perfect for this season's big events and also the nail varnish that I will be wearing on Christmas Day! Then, Essie's 'Tea and Crumpets' is my go-to nude. It's a gorgeous lacquer with a gold sheen running through it, so I do tend to wear this in the day time too. However, for a slightly more glamorous look, it also looks beautiful with a layer of gold glitter over it - for those who want some extra sparkle! Accessorize do a fab one.  

Essie 'Licorice' | No7 'Damson Dream' | MaxFactor 'Amethyst'

In terms of day time, I'm loving black nails at the moment. They go with anything and always look winter-chic. Then, for a more burnt-out Autumnal feel, I go to 'Damson Dream' from No7 or 'Amethyst', which is part of MaxFactor's new Glossfinity Range. All of these nail polishes are affordable and also to a very high standard - highly pigmented and will not instantly chip. I absolutely love every single one of them and find myself tossing up on which one to use, whenever I go to paint my nails! Maybe one for each finger?!

From Left to Right: Leighton Denny, 'Best Seller' | Essie, 'Tea and Crumpets' | No7, 'Damson Dream' | Essie, Licorice' (On my nails) | MaxFactor Glossfinity, 'Amethyst' 

#TheWinterProject Series - What's to look forward to!
Week 2: Favourite Winter Accessory
Week 3: Favourite Winter Scent
Week 4: Christmas Present Ideas
Week 5: Favourite Christmas Accessory
Week 6: Favourite Winter Make Up Look
Week 7: Christmas Eve OOTD!

What is your favourite Winter Nail Polish?

SHARE:

22 comments

  1. Essie Licorice is in mine too! Don''t have it yet but it looks so good on your nails - I think I'm going to have to splurge!

    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca! I would HIGHLY recommend picking it up, you will wear it so much! It's the best black I've ever used and as with many of Essie's varnishes you can get perfect black nails with one coat! Let me know how you get on with it if you do give it a go! Xxx

      Delete
  2. The Leighton Denny colour is stunning! Really lovely and subtle, not like a lot of in-your-face red shades at the moment. Lovely post and blog, going to follow you now :)

    Amy :) xx
    www.blendingbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It's probably my favourite ever nail polish - perfect for Christmas! Xxx

      Delete
  3. Tea and Crumpets looks beautiful!! Liquorice is also one of my favorites!! I also took part in the serie if you want to check out my post!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alexandra! I'll come and have a look at your post now! So exciting :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Great post...Essie is my favourite! You keep your nails in such lovely condition :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Essie Licorice is definitely my favourite it's always my go-to black they is so opaque, I can't get enough! It also looks lovely with a glitter on the ascent finger I love Essie Set In Stones.
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree Claire, they're definitely my favourite nail brand. I wish they were a tiny little bit less expensive!! xxx

      Delete
  6. I'm trying to track down a perfect oxblood colour for Christmas - so far the new Burberry polish is my favourite and I'm looking for a cheaper alternative :) This is such a great post and all these colours look lovely!
    Keep in touch :)
    Andrea
    www.lanouvellenoire.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've not tried any of Burberry's beauty bits! Sounds lovely Andrea. I'll check it out next time I'm in Selfridges! xxx

      Delete
  7. Fab post hun - your photos are stunning! I love the look of that Leighton Denny polish!
    Lianne | TheBrunetteSays...

    [I'm starting a new blogger project very soon about Skincare - if you fancy it, email me at thebrunettesays@hotmail.co.uk]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lianne! I'll come and check out your blog now. I'd definitely be interested in a skincare project, I'll drop you an email tomorrow xxx

      Delete
  8. I love Essie Licorice! I neeeeed it in my lif :-) Love your picks, so wintery!

    Bethanyworrall.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazzzzing Beth! Thank you :) xxx

      Delete
  9. I have so many Leighton Denny polishes that I just forget about, this has made me want to pull them out my draw!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Leighton Denny Belle! Get them out the draw, you won't regret it!! Xxx

      Delete
  10. lovely choice; specially love the n07

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one too Jannatul, perfect for everyday! Xxx

      Delete
  11. I have eyed Essie's Licorice for quite some time! It looks stunning on you :)

    Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

    ReplyDelete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig