Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas In Red

I'm certainly not one to save a bold lip until the festive season, however Christmas is without doubt the best of excuses to paint the town red... or perhaps just our lips and nails then.

I have many-a-red boasting through my make up draws, however in the past I have often found myself clinging to one particular product. On the contrary, this year I've been really spread my wings and rediscovered some of my more classic crimsons, whilst also picking up the odd red hot newbie to add to my growing collection...


No.7 Nail Varnish 'Sunset' - I love No.7's nail polish - it's a fail proof, inexpensive little bottle that contains something really worth it's salt - as with many of No.7's products. This is a rich, blood red hue which looks gorgeous during the autumn.

Rimmel Apocalips 'Big Bang' - Without doubt 'The Glossy Red', this gorgeous lip lacquer has been a firm favourite of mine since the release of the Apocalips range earlier this year. The formulation is truly incredible and once dry, it 'aint going anywhere! The pigmentation is just wow - this is the perfect Hollywood show stopper, all year round.

Sleek Gloss Me 'So Berry Sweet' - I actually picked this up by accident, wanting to try Sleek's 'Matte Me' formulation which comes in an identical tube. However, I've been really loving this 'ruby slipper red'. It's a beautiful gloss which has the capability to add another dimension to a red lip with a gorgeous, subtle sheen and high shine finish. It's not too sticky and I think the packaging, for such an affordable brand, is fantastic.

Kate Moss for Rimmel Lipstick 107 - A red collection would not be complete without this guy. I love this lipstick and it is without doubt one of my most-readched-for reds. 107 is a stunning matte burgundy, verging on berry red and as with all of the Kate Moss range, the formulation is moisturising, long lasting and non-drying. If you don't own one of these - treat yourself, or someone else for a stocking filler! I cannot sing it's praises enough.

Liz Earle Strengthening Nail Colour 'Showstopper' - I have been in awe of Liz Earle this year - She has moved from strength to strength to strengthening nail polish (as well as a whole array of other brand new make up and beauty products!) This lacquer is fantastic - highly pigmented and three days later, my nails are still chip-free when I add a quick top coat. I shall definitely be going back for more shades, but for now, I'm loving this hot tottie. 

Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lip Colour 535 'Rouge Passion' - This is my old favourite and the first red lipstick I actually ever picked up - when I decided I was brave enough for something scarlet. I think the Moisture Extreme line has now been discontinued and made way for better things, however I think we all have that one old school lipstick that stays with us for always - I reckon this might be mine!

Essie Limited Edition Christmas 2013 'Toggle To The Top' - This is something new which I picked up last month as part of Essie's Limited Edition Minis for Christmas 2013. It's a gorgeous, dark red varnish which forms an amazing contrast with the chunky, crushed, bright red glitter. This is a Christmas Party in a bottle - super festive. 

MUA Lip Liner 'Red Drama' - 'The Matte Red'. I've hyped on about these lip liners for a while now. They're just £1, super soft and surprisingly long lasting - check, check, check! Red drama is the perfect cherry red which, if you're after a slightly more subtle matte red, can even be worn on its own. However, ot certainly increases the longevity of lipstick, when worn underneath. 



SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Red is such a classic colour around Christmas, it's so great it's a colour that you can wear easily .

    lavaly.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jess! I love it, especially around Christmas time. Gives you so much confidence! Xxx

      Delete
  2. Ahh Rimmel 107 one of my old favourites, it's an oldy but a goodie :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a staple Claire! Love it :) x

      Delete
  3. What a collection!
    www.vworldrocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post, I think I'm the last blogger without the Kate Moss lipstick in 107!

    http://ambertypes.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! Aw you'll have to give it a go - it is beautiful! X

      Delete
  5. Maybelline's Rouge Passion was also my first red lipstick! I remember buying it so it could wear it for Christmas. Love this post, red is definitely a Christmas colour. Xx

    razmataz-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I did as well! Thank you :) Hope you have a lovely xmas x

      Delete
  6. I love this post, red lipstick instantly gives such a classy and made up look even when you got ready in a rush! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani! Totally agree, I love it, always gives me so much confidence! x

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig