Monday, December 23, 2013

Getting Ready For Christmas...

So Christmas is just twenty-four hours away and with the celebrations almost at climax, I thought I would give a little insight into my own festive preparations so far. 


It's been over a week now since I returned home from University and with the wrapping nearly done, constant cooking on the go and the mulled wine flowing, the final arrangements are now in full swing! The tree is dressed and in its prime and it's time to perfect the finishing touches before Santa comes...


Decorations wise, the tree is always traditional and amongst the lights are figures and baubles that the family have accumulated over the years, from different countries, holidays and memories. The most recent addition is a beautiful blue and white china bauble which I picked up in Amsterdam when we visited in October. It's very traditional but I think it's gorgeous and you can see it in one of the photos below. To continue the Christmassy atmosphere throughout the house, I've turned these lovely small jars into candy-cane holders for example and there are also fairy lights just about everywhere...

Each year my Mum makes the Christmas cake well in advance so that it has time to mature, but yesterday it was finally time to address the fun part... decorating! Usually we will take inspiration from a card, however this year we had some coloured icing in the cupboard and decided to use this to pursue 3D miniatures. Firstly, the fruit cake is in covered in marzipan before being dressed with white icing. Then, as you are able to see, we used the coloured icing to create a family of penguins, a snowman-like Santa and a Christmas tree... all covered in edible glitter! Yum! Lastly, a large red ribbon pinned around the sides and 'Merry Christmas' scripted on the top using a piping bag, really finishes it off - I think!

This year I've gone for a silver and white theme for my wrapping. All the above ribbon, bows, tags and paper are from Marks & Spencer's Christmas range and I think it all looks so pretty. I also love the tiny bells which are such a festive little addition to the gifts, particularly if you have children in the family. I hope you enjoyed this little insight into my festive preparations with twenty-four hours to go! Are you ready for Christmas?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig