Saturday, December 28, 2013

Leighton Denny: The Dramatic Collection

Fortunately, my Mum knows me too well when it comes to nail varnish and consequently, I was so happy to unwrap this absolutely show-stopping Leighton Denny Collection on Christmas morning!

These polishes hit the high end spectrum at £11 per 12ml pot, so I was overwhelmed to receive six of them. The colours are absolutely beautiful and there isn't a single one I wouldn't wear, which is great when buying a set, as often, there tends to be something of a 'dud' shade. However, from left to right, allow me to introduce you to The 'Dramatic' Collection: Leading Lady, Hint of Mint, Starlet, Temptress, Drama Queen and Femme Fatale...


As you can see, the set comes beautifully presented in a striking, turquoise chain mesh bag, which I shall definitely be slipping in my everyday handbag to use as a make up pouch. As with all of Leighton Denny's varnishes, these high performance polishes are no exception to the incredible quality and I will still maintain that his formulation is my all time favourite. The colour range, as well, is completely gorgeous and these six are, what I think to be, a pick of the best. There are three pastels: 'Leading Lady' which is a gorgeous, dusky baby pink and a perfect, muted nude. 'Hint of Mint' and 'Femme Fatal' are two green shades, however 'Hint of Mint' is more of a fresh cream, whereas 'Femme Fatal' gives a much deeper, forest green. With these, the finish is very subtle and ideal to showcase as a daytime look, however also perfect for Spring.

The remaining three shades are much more striking. 'Drama Queen' is an extravagant, royal purple with more of a metallic finish than the pastels. In the light, it almost seems to have pink and blue glitter running through it - it is absolutely stunning. 'Starlet' is an incredible bronzed, gold glitter which can easily be worn by itself, or thinly layered over a colour. Many glitters on the high street are too transparent and take an awful lot of work to create an opaque nail, however this guy does all the work for you. Finally, 'Temptress' is probably my favourite of the six - so far! It's an absolutely stunning purple lacquer, dotted with a rose gold glitter. This one has instantly shot to the top of my favourite all time nail varnishes and I haven't taken it off since Christmas Day!

The set also comes with Leighton Denny's 'Miracle Mist', which leaves your nails touch try in seconds. I love using a spray like this, as it is a god send when you're in a hurry and have forgotten to paint your nails - a position we have undoubtably all found ourselves in before now! After giving this the road test, this is undoubtably one of the best 'quick-dry' sprays I have used myself. Miracle Mist is used after you have applied your top coat, by spraying each nail for two seconds, waiting a further 60 seconds and repeating. True to say, my nails were touch dry and I was able to proceed to open my stocking on Christmas morning, with only one misfortunate blemish!

Unfortunately, I was actually unable to find this entire set online, however you can purchase the individual varnishes from FeelUnique.com with 50% off, at just £5.50! So if any of the colours take your fancy, I would highly recommend picking it up in the sale.

SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Replies
    1. I know I seem to have accumulated far too much over Christmas Claire! X

      Delete
  2. The packaging is so perfect and I'm really liking the first shade :)
    xoxo

    -B ♡ MsBerryStylish 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it Sierra! I love it too, such a lovely nude x

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of this brand but every polish looks incredible! And I LOVE the little bag too!

    Amy| The Little Koala Blog ♥ HUGE Giveaway Now on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo give it a go Amy it's my favourite brand ever! X

      Delete
  4. Wow this collections is a beauty! x

    Shang J. | The Feminine Crusade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sets like these! Temptress looks incredible! Never tried a Leighton Denny nail varnish before, might have to have a peak on Feel Unique x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do Nicole! Some of their other colours are incredible, I can't recommend them enough x

      Delete
  6. I only own one Leighton Denny nail polish but I love it and this is the nicest collection I've seen from them, gorgeous!

    www.accordingtoellie.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo which one do you have Ellie!? I know I think this set is gorgeous - I will have it for a long time! X

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig