Tuesday, December 31, 2013

REN | Revolutionary Skincare

Up until recently, REN is a brand that I've only dipped my toe into with the lovely Glycolactic Radiant Renewal and Invisible Pores Detox Mask. However, the products below have become giants in my daily skincare regime.



The brand is infamous for their attractive 'Clean Skincare' ethic, which is something which instantly encourages me to associate with a product. When I saw this set of six for a bargain price on the shelves of Marks & Spencer, it was something that I was never going to be able to say no to! So over the past few weeks, I have been road testing these guys against my current skincare regime and am pleased to say that some have become to feature more permanently among my cult favourites...




Hydra-Calm Cleansing Milk
This Cleanser has been on the market for quite some time now and I must admit, I am fairly speculative of any cleanser, just because I am yet to love anything more than my Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. However, I think this milk is absolutely gorgeous. It's incredibly light to apply to the skin and effectively gets rid of dirt and make up. I actually tend to double cleanse in the evenings, just to be sure that there is nothing harmful remaining that could wreak havoc on my skin overnight. So, this has been a delicious treat to follow my Liz Earle. I like it especially for its calming properties: it does an amazing job of pacifying any redness without leaving the skin feeling tight, which is a god-send in the morning on a bad skin day! Thumbs up.

Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream
Again, Liz Earle is usually my daily moisturiser of choice, however again, this has come up trumps. It protects your skin from harmful daily encounters, whilst also offering fantastic, long lasting hydration and again, a noticeable calming effect. My skin feels really at home with the light formula which really does feel cooling and delightful on the face. It does everything you'd want your day cream to do, however unfortunately it doesn't contain an SPF.

Omega 3 Night Repair Serum
For me, serums are something of a grey area. I will use a serum a few times and then throw it in a draw. However, I have been really impressed with this one and my skin has really seemed to benefit from the inclusion of this extra night-time step. Omega 3 is one of the fabulous fatty-acids found in oily fish and the like, known for its powerful anti-inflammatory and heating properties. I apply a small amount of this all over my skin at night, then leave it for a few minutes to sink in before applying moisturiser. The serum endeavours to reenergise cells and strengthen the vital lipid barrier between your skin and the outside world: in the morning, I have really noticed less redness and even a more even skin tone. I am really enjoying using this and it has become a welcomed addition to my established skincare regime.

Frankincense Revitalising Night Cream
Somewhat in keeping with Christmas, this lovely Frankincense Night Cream is as rich as the real thing. To me, a night cream should feel totally enriching and work magic overnight to reveal glowing, radiant skin in the morning... This one seems to do just that. It is so hydrating and leaves skin feeling so baby-soft when you wake up! It also endeavours to improve the vitality of the skin, as well as reduce fine lines and wrinkles - something I will judge for myself when I have used this for a longer period of time. But for now, I think it's a really lovely night cream and my skin feels thoroughly pampered in the morning.

Active 7 Radiant Eye Gel
In the midst of my Christmas Shopping last month, I walked past OROGOLD in London who were handing out some of their 24k Gold Daily Moisturiser samples and one of the shop assistants told me how tired my eyes looked... Eye cream is something I have always neglected, so recently, this has been my saviour! The Active 7 Radiant Eye Gel simply is incredibly cooling on the eyes, really enjoyable to apply and I have noticed that my dark circles are a little less prominent! Hooray! So this has been another hit and I'm currently trying to think of reasons not to buy the full size! Hover over the images below to revolutionise and shop your skincare!


SHARE:

8 comments

  1. REN has been a brand that I've been wanting to try for a while now but just never had because I have never found anything that sparked my interest, but after reading this, I am really interested in trying the Hydra-Calm Cleansing milk, and the Omega 3 Night Repair Serum! Lovely review of all of the products mentioned!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexandra! I've found them really lovely to use - anything with natural ingredients and great results is a winner with me, but these especially! x

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to try REN for ages now, I've heard so many good things. I've only recently started to be interested in skincare and got some Origins products for Christmas but I need to expand my collection! xx

    Kat Blushing Rose Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you give REN a go Kat! I've got my eye on the Origins Eye Cream! x

      Delete
  3. Love your blog! You are so gorgeous!! :) I will definitely be following along.....

    Hope you have a beautifully blessed day.....
    Jayma @ http://HisVerus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely need to try more Ren products! I tried a mask recently (can't remember the name to save my life) that I believe was glycolic and left my skin GLOWING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one Kristen! Did it smell like marmalade? Let me know if you try out anything else :) xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig