Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sleek Gloss Me 'So Berry Sweet'

I actually picked up this guy as a mistake, thinking it was Sleek's somewhat infamous 'Matte Me' formulation. However, I have actually become rather taken with this ruby slipper red and it's become part of my festive lip.


First of all, how gorgeous does this look in the bottle. It has an incredible almost golden shimmer to it, which can't really be noticed on the lips, however on the dressing table it's a different story! The texture of the gloss is actually what I was firstly so impressed with. It resists stickiness and glides onto the lip beautifully, which is a must when I'm looking at glosses like this as you don't want any lipstick colour to be pulled off by a layering product. All in all, I'm super impressed with the finish, as you will be able to see below...

Sleek 'Gloss Me' Lip Gloss in 'So Berry Sweet' | Availabe here

For a gloss, the pigmentation is actually really impressive. I do feel like it would take a lot of work to build it up to be able to wear this as a stand-alone lip product, however, as glosses go, it's a good'un. In the images above, I've applied MUA's lip liner in 'Red Drama' before applying Sleek's gloss, just to 'umph' out the red. With this, it's more about the long lasting, high shine finish more than primarily the colour. I was hoping for a little more of an intense shimmer - as I said the gorgeous golden sheen which can be seen in the bottle doesn't completely come across on the lips, however I'm loving it and it's super affordable, at only £4.99.

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. So pretty this reminds me a tiny bit of Illamasqua's Succubus lipgloss just a little more translucent!

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not tried any of Illamasqua's Lip glosses Jamie-Lee! But this makes me want to! x

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig