Thursday, January 16, 2014

By Terry Terrybly Or Rose Highlighter

This ultimate luxe compact is something that I picked up in the sales a few weeks ago and from first glance, I completely fell in love with it. Say hello to By Terry's completely beautiful 24K Pink gold highlighter...


By Terry is at the top end of the spectrum when it comes to beauty, in terms of quality and, unfortunately price as well. I completely fell in love with the By Terry Terrybly Mascara, which, as a growth serum as well as a show stopping product in itself, has completely revolutionised the look of my lashes. This magical highlighter is no exception and with its scintillating mesh of 24-karat Pink Gold micro-particles, you almost feel like you're getting your moneys worth. This is a hugely luxurious product that creates stunning definition, however, I'm not completely convinced...



The tactile pebble compact opens to reveal a rose gold lover's dream; a shimmering, pressed powder product fashioned into quilted pillows of pink. The formula itself is both highlighting and correcting, containing both blurring micro prisms as well as highlighting mineral pigments. As a highlighter, I think the colour is beautiful - a golden, healthy pink which gives you that super glow. It also contains vitamins and amino acids, suggesting to us that this is going to promote the healthy condition of our skin. However, By Terry also claim that their product smooths wrinkles and fine lines, as well as correcting imperfections and perfectly evening out the texture of the skin. I don't think I could go as far as supporting this, as it is difficult to see my skin looking 'instantly younger, as if by magic'*.

My main anxieties around this product is that it seems to be somewhat confused about what it actually is. Yes, on first glance it seems to boast a stunning pressed highlight, however the rose gold flakes which have us head over heels are in fact only a covering, which give way to a peach coloured, pressed face powder underneath. This, I found, somewhat disappointing as I was expecting to use this as a conventional highlighter, i.e on my cheekbones, brow bones and cupids bow etc, rather than an all over face powder.

This retails at a whopping £72 however, I picked this up in the SpaceNK sale when the price crashed down to just £36 - a bargain too good to refuse? I certainly would be reluctant to spend £36 to repurchase this, let alone go the whole hog. However, having said that it is a completely gorgeous product - the attention to detail is stunning and certainly something to consider if you fancy a luxurious addition to your make up bag.

*http://uk.spacenk.com/terrybly-or-rose/MUK300022789.html


SHARE:

8 comments

  1. oh no, this is far too pretty and i'm definitely a highlighter addict!

    Sophie | sophielouisew_

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know it looks gorgeous doesn't it! :)

      Delete
  2. It looks gorgeous, very well presented but I think it's a bit too expensive for me. Ask me again when I have a full time job (if I ever get one!) and I might have changed my tune ;)

    Alana | Alana Gets Healthy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's too expensive for what it is anyway Alana! x

      Delete
  3. This is sooo beautiful! I am absolutely in love with the color! Such a shame that it doesn't go all through :(
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig