Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Goodbye Tired Eyes: Garnier BB Eye Roll-On

I've been back at University for only a week and dark under-eye circles are already rudely appearing. So, today I wanted to share what I'm using at the moment in the endeavour to get rid of them and look wide awake!


In general, BB creams are something of a grey area for me. I love the idea of a half-coverage, half conditioning product, but with the few that I've tried, I've just never really jumped on the bandwagon. That said, when I spotted this a couple of weeks ago, I decided to make an exception.. What could be disappointing about an all in one eye cream and concealer? So, I've given it a real run for its money...


I actually went into Boots looking for the original Garnier Tinted Eye Roll-On, which I know is more angled towards a higher pigmented concealer. However, this wasn't on the shelves or the website... So, when I saw the New '5-in-1' BB Cream, which has recently been featured in Grazia and Company, I grabbed this version instead. First of all, I picked up the shade 'light' and, as you can see from the swatch on my forearm, for a concealing product, it isn't all that 'light'. When you blend it out, it does give a seamless finish, although I do think that Garnier are missing a large portion of the market here with us girls who have a slightly lighter complexion - especially in the winter! The coverage is light, as I expected with a BB cream, however the mineral enriched formula I think actually does a pretty good job of camouflaging those dreaded dark circles. I apply this after my moisturiser in the morning and it leaves me looking and actually feeling, more awake. The refreshing massage-ball applicator seems to melt away any puffiness and the formula also immediately fades the appearance of fine lines. The overall appearance of the eye area is without a doubt, improved.

Overall, I actually really like this product. I needed something illuminating, hydrating and comfortable to wear, all of which comes wrapped up in this little tube, with the addition of so much more. For example, as an eye cream, Garnier claim that in 7 days under eye bags will be visibly reduced. Yes please! In terms of coverage, this is a BB cream, so it isn't going to blow you away. I use the metal ball applicator to sweep some of the product underneath my eyes in the morning and then use my ring finger to blend it all around my eye and over the lid. Afterwards, I will still apply some under eye concealer (namely the infamous Collection Lasting Perfection) however, not as much as I would before I introduced this into my skincare regime. That said, I do find the coverage of this formula to be fairly buildable - if you want a little more out of it, then you can add a little more and you will get more of a concealing effect. I think it's great and I'm so glad I picked it up. Goodbye tired eyes!

Available here.

SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I really like Garnier products (their BB cream is awesome) but you're right about the color selection! I can only wear it with a tan!

    http://chelsealeighbeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm tempted to try their BB cream after this Chelsea! But maybe I'll wait until summer.. I wish it was just a little lighter! x

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a great product! I stopped by from the Instagram link up :)!

    Kristin
    Crumbs & Curls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! Will come and check out your blog now! x

      Delete
  3. I've never seen the BB formula! This sounds amazing. I'm always looking for something hydrating for my under eyes (especially with the harsh winter wind in the city), I'm going to give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think Kristen! I know - the cold seems to be especially harsh on my skin this year! x

      Delete
  4. that sounds really interesting. I heard good things about the original formula and considering it myself for my puffy eyes in the morning. Take care of yourself! good luck with school

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know if you do give it a try - I think it works fantastic on puffy eyes. Really want to try the original formula and compare it x

      Delete
  5. Ooh this looks really lovely, I have the original roll on eye cream but this sounds slightly more concealing. Off to Boots I go, oops xx
    The perks of being a hipster - Victoria’s Secrets Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha let me know how they compare Cate! I'm really interested to try the original formula now x

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig