Friday, January 31, 2014

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation

I've finally hit that point in the year where all of my foundations are too dark to suit my skin tone. So, I've been on a mission to find something to avoid dreaded 'tide-lines' and keep my skin looking flawless during winter.


Without doubt, the much-talked-about Rimmel Match Perfection foundation was the obvious choice and after swatching it in store, I took it home hoping that it would do exactly what it said on the bottle - 'completely conceal imperfections with no foundation line'. I'm a huge advocate for the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, however the light reflective particles leave you at risk of looking like a glitter-ball Edward Cullen during the winter. However, this was certainly my favourite high-street foundation... up until now. Rimmel's Match Perfection is absolutely gorgeous...


First of all, I think the packaging is lovely. Rimmel have got it right in a chic glass bottle with an attractive cobalt blue lid. It is available in a massive 11 different shades, which is very impressive for a high street brand, particularly one which is designed to adapt to your own skin tone. I chose 100 Ivory, which is the second lightest shade and I find it really does adapt to my own colouring, leaving my skin looking lovely and natural all day long. The coverage is fantastic and doesn't feel heavy or sticky on the skin once it has dried, which I've found with the Lasting Perfection Foundation. This isn't a high coverage foundation, but it will even out your skin tone, cover any small blemishes and minor redness: if you've got a good concealer, you've got nothing to worry about. In terms of finish, none of my foundations are particularly matte and I'm definitely a girl who likes my skin to have that 'glow'. The Match Perfection Foundation definitely ticks this box and is 'enhanced with sapphire radiance', which gives a gorgeous satin finish that really lasts. I can't speak for dry skin types, but for those with normal/oily skin this will last you for a good 7-8 hours with a primer and only a little less without one. Finally, it also has SPF 18 which I always look for in a foundation. For a high street foundation which costs only £6.99, this really has it all. Rimmel, you've done it again.

Available here.

SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I can't wait to try this foundation! Thanks for the review!

    http://chelsealeighbeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think when you give it a whirl Chelsea! x

      Delete
  2. I tend to wear high coverage foundations so I don't know whether this would be the best for me - maybe on good skin days though! I'm currently using the LOreal True Match foundation and love it Xxx

    lifeofatraineejournalist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I've not tried that one Nicole! I was also strictly a high coverage foundation girl but since dipping into slightly light weight ones I'm a complete convert (the Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua - as you know!) I just up the concealer if my skin is having a tantrum! If you want to try something a little lighter, I can't recommend this enough. It would be a great stepping stone! x

      Delete
  3. I'm a lover of the Rimmel Wake Me up aswell and have been looking for a nice satin foundation to wear in the winter months thats not gonna glitter me right up! Gonna give this a go! Great review :)

    Kate | raspberrycheeks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Let me know what you think Kate! It's a great one for winter too as I find it doesn't dry out your skin which tends to be the case with cheaper foundations x

      Delete
  4. This was a really good review! I recently ran out of this foundation and need to repurchase it, it is so good. That's so true what you said about the lasting finish foundation I can always feel it on my skin and it puts me off so much! And the wake me up foundation I went off so badly because it looked so dark on me! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani! I know I love it too.. I've only had it for a short time and it is all I am wearing! x

      Delete
  5. I must try this, it looks such good quality and from the good review I'll be looking forward to seeing if it works for my dry/ combo skin. Great review Emily!

    http://ambertypes.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! It's absolutely brilliant, loving it even more each day! I've seen good reviews from all skin types, but let me know how you get on! x

      Delete
  6. cant wait to try this out, im currently using the wake me up foundation and are having the same glitterball problem haha x

    littlemisswynne.blogpot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's definitely an Edward Cullen effect! Let me know how you get on if you try this one, I think it's fab! x

      Delete
  7. nice blog! well done
    http://cyrilmakeup.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig