Monday, February 17, 2014

The Beauty Blogger Tag

First of all, I'd like to apologise for my lack of posts recently, which have been few and far between to say the least. Blogging alongside a degree can mean that posting can become quite sporadic around deadline time! So, thank you for being so patient - you can expect a flurry of outfit posts in the next few days, as well as some juicy beauty reviews of some products that are sure to make it onto your wish list.

So, as a bit of a fun 'welcome back', I thought I would do this tag, which the lovely Stephanie from Goddess Mnemosyne tagged me in earlier today. So grab yourself a cuppa and prepare yourselves for a little bit of TMI!

1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
     When I was very young, my hair used to be ringlet crazy and super blonde, but unfortunately, now is dead straight, which makes it really difficult (and frustrating!) to maintain volume after I've blow dried it. 

2. What is your natural hair colour?
     Dark blonde/light brown.

3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
     At a salon - one summer, I used the John Frieda 'Go Blonder' spray which completely ruined my hair for months. Now that I've got it back in good condition, I am very reluctant to do anything at home! 

4. How often do you wash your hair?
     Every 2 days, although it is so long now that it's such a faff!

5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it?
     If I'm running to a lecture then I'm ALWAYS in leggings, my pumas and a big boyfriend jacket, but otherwise I like to mix it up a bit. At the moment, I'm wearing a beanie with everything.

6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
     I usually do my own - my Mum taught me well! But once in a while I'll treat myself to a Shellac at the salon.

7. How often to you change your nail polish?
     When it chips! 

8. Do you polish your toes in the winter, too or just in the summer?
     I feel naked without anything on my toes - polish all year round.

9. How long does it take to put on your makeup?
     In the morning, probably about ten minutes. If I'm going out then nearer forty.

10. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
     Always face, unless I'm using eyeshadow which has a lot of fall down, in which case, eye's first!

11. Do you "collect" makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
     The beauty blogger in me is a massive hoarder! I'm always buying new things to try if I'm interested in the concept or sucked into the hype surrounding a product. But, if I run out of something, I'm straight down the drugstore or shopping online to replace it.

12. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
     Never during the day, sometimes on a night out. I used to wear them much more but I've actually become quite lazy with them since finding mascaras that I love!

13. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?
     Day to day, I will use a tinted moisturiser to give my skin a breather from foundation. I'll only really put on a full face of make up if I'm doing something special - not running to the shops or a lecture.

14. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone (or with family)?
     Nope! Constantly facially naked around all the girls that I live with, and of course my family. 

15. Will you leave the house without makeup?
     Not often, if I know I'm going to be in a rush then I'll put a bit of tan on my face the night before and just conceal under eyes and any redness in the morning, with my trusty Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer.

16. How many high end products do you have?
     Pffff. Too many.

17. How often do you wash your makeup brushes?
     Never enough.

18. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
     Depends on the occasion! Day to day at uni, I'll just throw on some leggings - no planning involved! 

19. How often do you change your handbag?
     Handbags are an enduring love for me - right now I'm actually using my Guess satchel bag that I bought in Macy's in New York about four years ago! Outfit and occasion dependent though. 

20. What time do you get up & go to sleep?
     I try to go to sleep before midnight and am often up and in the gym before 8:30.

21. How often & when do you workout?
     I work out in the mornings, 3-4 times a week.

22. Left-handed or Right-handed?
     Right.

23. How tall are you?
     5ft5 + 3/4! The 3/4 is important...

24. Do you speak a foreign language?
     Enough French to survive a trip to Paris.

25. How many pets do you have?
     I have a bunny rabbit called Rolo, who is hands-down amazing.

26. How often are you on Blogger?
     Recently, I have neglected my blog FAR TOO MUCH! Otherwise, I usually check and reply to comments every, day and check analytics. 

27. Do you read the comments posted blogs?
     Yes, I like a snoop at comments!

28. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
     I have a wish list in the side bar of my blog, which I'm always updating with things I see on blogs! 

29. How did you come up with your blog name?
     'Beleza' actually means 'beauty' in Portuguese, so my blog name translates to 'Beauty' by Ems - Ems being short for Emily! 

30. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
     A Canon EOS 600D.

31. How often do you clean your house? 
     Not enough - typical student.

32. What is your favourite colour?
     I'm not sure I have a favourite colour, but I love pastel/duck egg blue - hence my blog theme!

33. What is your favourite beauty/fashion magazine?
     Women's Health.

34. Do you swear?
     When something hurts, or I'm really cross.

35. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
     As it's getting late, watch 'Don't Tell The Bride' with the girls and a herbal tea! 

Thank you Stephanie for tagging me and I tag anyone reading this!
Stay tuned for lots of upcoming posts this week - I promise I will make the sporadic blogging up to you all.

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Thanks for doing this post, great answers I have recently watched Don't Tell the bride it's so funny!

    Thanks again :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello dear. you have very nice blog. I love it <3
    tell me what about follow each other, I always follow back so let me know (>‿♥)
    xoxo from Spain
    www.thegrisgirl.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll come and have a look over at your blog :) x

      Delete
  3. Ah I've missed your posts Emily so I'm glad to see you back! Hope uni is going well too xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry Nicole! You'll be seeing lots this week so I hope it makes up for it somewhat! x

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig