Friday, March 21, 2014

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+

For the whole of March, Escentual have a whopping 1/3 off all of their French Pharmacy brands. So, I placed a cheeky order at the beginning of the month and this guy was at the top of my list. The Effaclar Duo from La Roche-Posay has long been renowned for it's incredible spot-beating ability and now, they have improved the formula with the Duo+ which also treats imperfections that are left behind following a breakout. Intended as a high performance, complete skincare solution for oily and blemish prone skin, I had high expectations...


Firstly, the texture of this is very non-sticky, lightweight and feels somewhere in-between a serum and a moisturiser. It's really gentle and for something which claims to be and really is very powerful in the anti-pimple department, it doesn't sting or irritate my skin. Ultimately, it's an oily complexion's dream: proven to unclog pores and areas of congested skin, control shine and correct/prevent scarring and dark marks that are left behind by spots. The enhanced formula contains an anti-inflammatory which soothes redness and there is also a gentle exfoliator in there to accelerate the skin's natural repair process. And, it really does do everything it says on the tin - this is an all-in-one spot solution. I'm struggling to find anything remotely negative to say about it, only that although this does provide the skin with some moisture, if your skin is prone to dryness then I would definitely recommend using a moisturiser on top. I always apply some of my trusty Liz Earle Super Skin Moisturiser on any dry patches after the Effaclar Duo+ has melted into my skin.

What's the difference between the original formula and the DUO+? This new improved version now also contains an ingredient called 'Procerad', which in short rebuilds the surface of the skin. This means that it targets the dark red pigmentation left behind by breakouts and acne, making it perfect for troubled teenage skin, as well as inevitable adult breakouts. Even after just two weeks of using this, my skin tone is noticeably more even and existing dark spots are much less 'angrily' pigmented.

Overall, I'm so happy to have added this to my skincare regime. It has a matte finish - great for those of us with a more oily t-zone and is a godsend for those nasty 'underground' red, painful spots which you can never really do anything about. After using it consistently for a couple of weeks, it's even not something that I now feel the need to use everyday, but I now know I've got an affordable skin saviour in reserve for when those dreaded breakouts do hit.

Available here.

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. This is such a raved about product, definitely feel like I am missing out! My breakouts are awful at the moment so may have to treat myself.

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't regret it Belle! Such a saviour and it's only £10 now that Escentual have 1/3 off for this month! If you pick it up, let me know what you think :) x

      Delete
  2. Just picked up this product today actually, as I ran low on a lot of skincare and treated myself. Except my local drugstore hasn't got the newer version, hmpf! Aww well, if I like this I will try the new one next time!

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northern Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me know how you get on with it Jenna! I'd be really interested to know what you think of it :) x

      Delete
  3. Everyone is loving the +version! I've got the normal version and as tempted as I am to invest in the +, I'm going to be good and wait until I've finished my tube! It is a fantastic product though!X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm interested how they compare! Love it x

      Delete
  4. Sounds almost too good to be true! haha. I do love the regular effaclar so I'll definitely be trying this one when I run out xx

    Kate | raspberrycheeks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know Kate! Works like a dream though! x

      Delete
  5. Looks really promising! My cousin was raving about this product so much! I need to get this! x

    www.justsoapril.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fantastic April! And really affordable, let me know if you pick it up! :) x

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig