Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Lime Crime Poisonberry Opaque Lipstick

Lime Crime seems to have become a real hit amongst the blogging community within the last few months and from my own first impressions, I can certainly see why. This striking lipstick is one of their most popular shades from their opaque collection and appropriately names, Poisonberry. First of all, I think their incredibly girly and somewhat 'punky' packaging is amazing and completely reflective of the quirky brand itself, not to mention what hides inside. These lipsticks are fabulous, full coverage formulations, available in a whopping eighteen different beautiful shades. I'm head-over-heels, so please stay tuned for a rave review..

Firstly, the colour is absolutely stunning. Poisonberry is a gorgeous deep, 'bitten' purple shade and surely, the ultimate vampy lip. The pigmentation is loaded and and coverage is without a doubt opaque, as the formulation promises. As well as this, it's definitely a buildable lipstick: one sweep across the lips will give you more of a sumptuous magenta tone, whereas a little more pressure will leave you with the incredible colour above. Furthermore, the formulation itself feels creamy to apply to the lips, doesn't crease or settle in deep lines, doesn't dry your lips out like some other opaques, do and ultimately, leaves you with a beautiful finish. Lastly, wear time is really quite substantial and I find myself reapplying surprisingly less than I do with other bright, or darker shades.

The cute packaging is incredible, unlike any other lipstick I own and shipping etc. was all fantastic. So overall, I'm absolutely loving my first impression of Lime Crime and can't wait to showcase this beautiful, bold berry lip. If you like your brights, go and check out LimeCrime.com.


SHARE:

24 comments

  1. this looks perfect!

    claresloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It practically is Clare! :) Love it! x

      Delete
  2. I can't believe I haven't tried these before! Stunning shade <3

    Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely place an order if you can Kristen! I wish I was in the US so I didn't have the pay the shipping! x

      Delete
  3. This colour is lush, great that it doesnt need applying too often for such a dark as well!
    I have never heard of this brand before so I will have to have a browse on thier site!

    www.accordingtoellie.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely a brand to check out Ellie! Let me know what you think :) x

      Delete
  4. I think you're the only person I know that can get away with every single different lipstick colour under the sun! This looks gorgeous Emily X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried anyLime Crime before :( This shade looks bloody amazing though! Especially looks fab on you lady! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alana! Have a little look on their website, so many different colours! x

      Delete
  6. This shade is so bloody gorgeous!! I need it in my life right now! I didn't expect these to be so glossy :)

    www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has such a GORGEOUS finish Carly! Have a look on their website, you'll be wanting more than just this one! :) x

      Delete
  7. great review! i want this so much, love the clour and the packaging is so cute too! x
    http://dazzleulooks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree - cutest packaging ever! x

      Delete
  8. wow this shade looks absolutely amazing on you! Definitely need to try Lime Crime lipsticks now xx
    Ana xo anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana! Can't recommend them enough :) x

      Delete
  9. Though not big of a fan of the more sparkly lipsticks (I prefer matte ones) this one just blew my mind! really!
    Thank you for showing this product and I'm definitely getting it. Also, it looks amazing on you just so you know.
    Love,
    A.
    letterstoa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it's won you over too Antoinette! Haha, it really is so gorgeous. Let me know what you think when you've got your hands on it x

      Delete
  10. oh goodness this is such a gorgeous shade! I've always been a huge fan of lime crime - gonna check this out on the web right now!

    Check out my latest posts on the Blog and Happy Easter! :)
    AL xx
    RASSP | Coachella Style Inspo
    RASSP | Contemporary Easter Recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definitely worth a look! Happy Easter to you too lovely! :) x

      Delete
  11. This is a stunning colour! I don't know if I would have the guts to pull it off though. Danielle xx

    missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely would Danielle! It's one that you have to wear around the house a bit first though - when I forget I'm wearing dark lipstick and then catch myself in a mirror it gives me a bit of a fright haha! x

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig