Thursday, March 13, 2014

L'Oreal Skin Perfection Micellar Solution

In the past few months, the big-name beauty brands have all jumped on the 'Micellar Water' bandwagon, in the endeavour to somewhat emulate the infamous Bioderma Cleansing Water, which is oh-so-difficult to get hold of here in the U.K. They are all priced around the very affordable £5 mark, so when I was in Boots last week I thought I would give one a go to see what all the hype has been about. However, choosing one was much more difficult than I first thought and after a long 10 minute toss up between Garnier and L'Oreal and a quick flick through some reviews on my iPhone, I walked away with the latter: L'Oreal's 3 in 1 Micellar Solution...

Micellar Waters are water based solutions which cleanse and and tone, using tiny micelle particles to draw make up, sebum and other pore-clogging impurities from the skin. The powerful solution can even dissolve waterproof mascara and the no-rinse formula makes them ideal for late nights or travelling. Most are hypo-allergenic, plus soap and alcohol-free, which make them a much 'kinder to skin' alternative then your standard drugstore face wipe. Originally seen in Paris, there are now formulas for blemish prose, sensitive and dry skin, making them suitable for everyone.

L'Oreal's Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution in particular, has received particularly positive criticism from the beauty blogosphere, since it was launched a few months ago. It's affordable and VERY effective - what more could we want...?! I use just a small amount of this on a cotton pad, hold it over my eyes for a few seconds and then gently wipe my make up away. As if by magic, it literally dissolves everything with minimal effort, even stubborn waterproof eye makeup without stinging/irritating. It feel's just like you've put water on your skin. In the mornings, if I'm in a rush then this has solely become my skincare routine and I will sweep it over my face to balance and remove impurities. Then, in the evening I will double cleanse, using this only to take off my make up and then follow with my trusty Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. Honestly, I'm 100% sold on it and cannot remember my routine without it. New skincare staple.

Available here.

SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I picked up the Gariner one, and like you, I can't be without it now. I don't know what I did before haha.

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't decide between this one and Garnier's Belle - I literally did eenie meenie money mo haha! I think they're absolutely fab x

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful blog, sweety)
    Nice post.
    If you want, we can follow each other. Kisses
    http://fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes yes yes. I am literally like ripping through every single review of this stuff! haha. I've read enough good ones I have to get it for myself, now! Thanks :)

    Kallie @ But First Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha definitely give it a go Kallie! I can't recommend it enough, even as just a quick way of taking off your eye make up so you don't get panda eyes every time you use a cleansing balm etc! x

      Delete
  4. This caused me to breakout but I'm using the Garnier one at the moment and really like it :) such an easy and fuss-free way of removing makeup x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On no! I can't believe that Nicole! I find it so gentle. I'll have to give the Garnier one a go after I've finished up this one! x

      Delete
  5. This is the first time I am hearing about this. I'll have to look into it.
    www.vworldrocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought this about a month ago here in Canada, and I have to say that it is a new favorite and will be replacing the more expensive brands for me! I love that there is really no scent and so refreshing.

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northern Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fab Jenna isn't it! Glad you think so too :) x

      Delete
  7. This is the first and only Micellar water I've tried. Love it as it does the job and is really cheap! x

    Kate | raspberrycheeks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Kate! Going to give Garnier a go after this one! x

      Delete
  8. I use the Garnier Micellar Water in pretty much the same way as you, pretty much morning and night! Danielle xx

    missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy isn't it Danielle! So good for stubborn eye make up haha x

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig