Saturday, March 01, 2014

Lounging Around in the 70's

These incredible raspberry trousers caught my eye on Motel Rocks a while ago and I absolutely. love. them. I don't usually go for a trouser with a straight leg, however that said, I think these are actually very flattering. Here, I've turned them into the centrepiece of a very 70's outfit, dressing them with a simple neutral knit and chunky white sandals. The beautiful print is bang on trend and these beauties are definitely something that could be casual, formal, smart or sexy. For all these reasons, they've quickly shot into my wardrobe favourites...

Natural Knit - Zara
Raspberry Trousers - Motel Rocks
Platform Sandals - ASOS

The 70's were all about the 'Saturday Night Fever' wardrobe, with a plethora of platforms, prints and punk. These raspberry and cobalt print bottoms therefore, fit in perfectly with such a dress code. To focus the eye on the trousers, I have styled them casually, with this cream coloured knit from Zara (which, is the same style as the lilac jumper from my 'Candy Coloured' outfit post last week) and amazing sandals from ASOS. I absolutely adore the shoes - the huge-mungous platform gives way to a hidden heel, so these could perhaps be the comfiest sky-scrapers you'll ever slip into! Plus, they are the perfect answer to a girl in need of a some more height, such as myself. Paired with the staple knit, both pieces really allow the trousers to 'pop', whilst remaining to make a statement in themselves. So, turns out I'm all for reviving 1970s fashion! I really love the look and I think it's something that could take you right through Springtime. What do you reckon?


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. nice sweater :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks amazing in the photo :) Loving the cool rummer vibe of it all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you Rachel! I've been trying some new heated rollers that will be up on here soon x

      Delete
  3. You are looking like a damsel in those heels and the outfits you are wearing :)

    ReplyDelete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig