Monday, March 17, 2014

MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Prepare For Pleasure

Just today, this absolutely beautiful lipstick landed on my doorstep, amongst a selection of other gorgeous gifts from my good friend Kristen, at Your Beauty Fix. I am so overwhelmed with it that I've decided to show it off within just a few hours of receiving it, and hopefully this review will also serve tribute to how grateful I am to Kristen for sending it to me! In short, this rather raunchy red is one of MAC's Limited Edition Lipsticks from their Divine Nights collection: 'Prepare For Pleasure'. Described as a 'clean magenta red' with my favourite Cremesheen finish, this is quite simply one of the most beautiful and iconic lipsticks that I now own...


Firstly, let's just look at take a second to admire this absolutely incredible packaging. The gold looks so luxurious and 'Hollywood' against the red bullet and it certainly has that 'limited edition' feel about it. It's the perfect packaging for Christmas, which is when MAC's 'Divine Night' Collection was launched, just a couple of months ago. The formulation is certainly a true Cremesheen - high pigmentation, fantastic colour pay-off and a deliciously creamy feeling on the lips. In terms of colour, it looks a lot more like a warm toned 'true' red in the bullet than it does on your lips. It's much more of a cool-toned magenta red, with a more pinky undertone than is first expected. All in all, it really is such a pretty statement colour and a versatile shade that could be dressed up, or down, and worn all year round. J'adore.

I really cannot thank you enough Kristen for including this amongst the goodies you sent over for me! I also want to keep the packaging with the Bloomingdales tag on it - makes me so nostalgic for New York!

Available here.

SHARE:

26 comments

  1. The colour is gorgeous and the package is so luxurious *-*

    ReplyDelete
  2. great color.
    www.vworldrocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the shade of the lipstick is stunning and the packaging is beautiful. No wonder you are so happy with it!!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I know Hannah! Prettiest lipstick ever?! x

      Delete
  4. Aw, Em! Im so glad you're enjoying it! We'll rock this shade together one day, pinky promise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha pinky promise Kristen! It's soooo pretty :) Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Omg that is such a great colour! I love the deep magenta shade - looks gorgeous on you!

    Yuen @ The Craziest Paradigm - fashion, beauty + lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yuen! It's so gorgeous isn't it! x

      Delete
  6. This looks stunning! I am going to have to track this colour down ... Love the packaging too!

    kstormfashionblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few dotted around online that I think you can still buy Kylie! Hope you get your hands on one :) x

      Delete
  7. Wooow looks so classy, the lipstick and the packaging. What a great gift.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the packaging is so luxurious - I'm really grateful! :) x

      Delete
  8. It looks amazing! Ahhhh package heaven!

    www.champagnetote.blogspot.co.uk X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha package heaven indeed Hannah! x

      Delete
  9. It looks so different in the tube, gorgeous colour though! And the packaging is so pretty!

    www.elizabethlola.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it looks so much warmer in the bullet! Love it though :) x

      Delete
  10. Wow. That looks so stunning on the lips!! Gorgeous shade! So jel! lol

    Kate | raspberrycheeks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is stunning, I expected it to be more of a red but there are definite tones of pink within that.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expected that too Amy, but I actually really like the pink tones! A really different kinda' red :) x

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig