Saturday, March 08, 2014

The Perfect Pastel Nail With L'Oreal

As a direct reaction to the sheer abundance of pastel colours seen on the S/S runway, L'Oreal have released four completely gorgeous porcelain shades into their infamous Colour Riche Nail Polish range. The 'Les Blancs' collection features four fantastic macaroon tones: one lilac, one peach, one lemon meringue and one pretty pistachio. All four are on my wish list, however at the moment I am a sucker for anything lilac, so today I have this little beauty to show you. 'Nouvelle Vague' has quickly become my favourite springtime nail colour...

I only own a couple of varnishes from L'Oreal as, similar to MaxFactor, I always think that the bottles seem tiny and somehow they don't worth spending money on for this reason! However, in the grand scheme of things, L'Oreal's lacquer is fantastic quality, as is their colour range and the longevity of the product. Moreover, I don't think I've ever 'run out' of a bottle of nail varnish, so these are probably much more size appropriate! Firstly, the lilac colouring is absolutely gorgeous. It's almost a baby blue in some lights, but it certainly has undulating tones of pretty purple. Love it. Secondly, the standard of the polish is amazing. It's not quite up there with my Essie - my all time favourite for quality - but it's very good. The brush is wide enough that it gives a generous and even coverage and the lacquer is pigmented enough that you're done in two coats. Dry time also gets a big thumbs up: in under a hour I was washing my hair and pulling on jeans - two of the more dangerous activities when it comes to newly painted claws! Overall, I love the new baby shades in the 'Les Blancs' collection and shall definitely be going back for the other three. I'm very confident that these guys are going to be my most reached for nail colour this Spring!


SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Gorgeous shade, I've actually just ordered it and I'm currently wearing the lemon shade. They are beautiful colours, I'm obsessed!
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed too Claire! I'm eyeing up the pistachio shade next! x

      Delete
  2. Those photographs are adorable) I love the way you've introduced this nail polish to us) Your manicure looks so feminine and pretty)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on the hunt for a good lilac nail, so I may go check this out!

    Madeline | Ring-a-Round a Rosey | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think Madeline if you get your hands on it! X

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig