Saturday, July 12, 2014

My Customised MAC Eye Shadow Quad

All the way back in November last year following my MAC make up consultation, I began customising my own Eye Shadow Pro Palette. This week, I finally popped in the final pan thereby completing my quad, which I am absolutely in love with! It consists of four of my favourite eye shadows from MAC that I can either use on an every day basis, or to create a stunning statement eye if I'm going somewhere special. Looking at my choices, I feel like I've almost tailored it for Summer, as when used all together this combination of shades creates the most beautiful bronzed-goddess look, which I am loving wearing at the moment. So, if you'd like to read about the selection of shades I've chosen from MAC in order to create my perfect palette, then keep on reading...

Top to Bottom: OmegaGleamAll That GlittersMythology.
MAC describe the above colours online as:
Omega: A soft/muted beige-taupe. 
Gleam: Barely pinked gold.
All That Glitters: Beige with gold pearl.
Mythology: Copper.

I absolutely adore every single one of these shades. Omega is the first pan I purchased and is the matte shadow that was matched to my brows at my consultation back in November. It's described online as a 'beige-taupe' however I don't really find it at all 'taupe-ie'. Instead, it's just the perfect shade just to fill in my brows, which I do with a tiny angled MAC #266 brush to create a precise and natural look. It's also a really build-able shadow so if I want a look with a heavier, darker brow then Omega makes that entirely possible, without giving an unnatural finish. This shade is also a great matte shade to blend through the crease, just to give the eye some natural contour.

Gleam on the other hand, is such a beautiful pinky shimmer, which looks a little more glittery than the other shades in the quad and so I regularly use this as a highlight, especially on my inner corners when I'm doing a purple smoke. Alternatively, I love this all over the lid with some winged liner, which looks really girly and pretty.

All That Glitters is a gorgeous beige which is my go-to everyday colour if I just want to quickly sweep some eyeshadow over my lids. It's really natural, but at the same time the shimmer running through it makes it so beautiful. It's also a great base to use when I'm doing a smokey eye as the pearl undertones really brighten up a finished look. Perfect not just for Summer, but all year round.

Finally, Mythology is the shade that completes my palette. For me, this is the statement colour in the quad, which is going to look so gorgeous throughout Summer and I think it's copper colour will even suit into Autumn. At the moment, I'm using my Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze as a creamy base and then using Mythology in the crease of my eye and take a little under my outer lower lash line. With some smudged brown eyeliner, this is such a stunning Summer eye - I will be doing a tutorial post on my blog to show you, so watch this space!


Pro Palette available here
Individual MAC Eye Shadow available here.

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Perfect choices! This is a great all-year-round palette, but it'll be amazing for summer!

    http://www.chelsealeigh.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chelsea! I hope so - I can't bring myself to use anything else at the moment! x

      Delete
  2. Dear, I found your blog randomly and I’d like to say it’s fabulous! I really like your amazing photos & style! Everything is perfect!

    would you like to follow each other?
    will be happy if you'll find a minute to see my blog!

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Diana! I'll come and have a look over at your blog now :) x

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig