Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Verdict: Micellar Waters (Garnier VS L'Oreal)

A few months ago, I jumped on the Micellar Water bandwagon and reviewed the L'Oreal 3 in 1 Solution, which I really enjoyed as part of my skincare routine. When I finished the bottle, I decided to go back to the drugstore for Garnier's formulation in order to compare the two. I'm half way through this one now, so - the verdict? I am definitely enjoying Garnier's Cleansing Water a whole lot more. For a few reasons, I think it has the upper hand over L'Oreal, which ensures I'm going to be repurchasing this one rather than the latter. Here's why...


For me, Garnier just has that edge. On the bottle, they both appear fairly similar: for the same price, you'll get your hands on two soothing, hypoallergenic, make-up dissolving formulas that are suitable for sensitive skin. However, Garnier's formulation somehow feels more gentle on the skin and I think, slightly more effective. I find it to be a much more soothing solution than L'Oreal's 3 in 1, which I think is why I actually enjoy using it just that little bit more.

It's extra-generous size promises a whopping 200 uses and it has definitely already lasted me longer than L'Oreal's 3 in 1. I also find the shape of the bottle to be more practical, as the L'Oreal cap I found slightly wasteful and it always dispensed far too much than was needed. The formulation itself melts away your make up and is incredibly gentle, with no fragrance. It's just that little bit more satisfying as the product to begin my cleansing regime. So, after trying a few cleansing waters now, this guy is certainly my favourite. 

Available here

SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I very nearly picked this up yesterday its ridiculously cheap at the moment for the size of the product! Wish I did now great review x

    Jamie-Lee|Glitter Infatuation Beauty & Lifestlye Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend it if you get the opportunity again my lovely! You won't regret it :) x

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely gonna keep my eye out for this--such a cheaper alternative to Bioderma!

    http://www.chelsealeigh.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think of it Chelsea! x

      Delete
  3. I haven't really seen any cleansing waters in the US, but now I am going to have to keep my eye out for them! This seems like a great product!

    Kristin
    Crumbs & Curls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristin! Keep a look out and definitely let me know if you get your hands on something! :) x

      Delete
  4. I brought this today! seen so many good reviews on it, only tried it once and i already love it!
    anna at styleskittle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an instant winner isn't it Anna! I'm absolutely loving it and it is lasting me forever! x

      Delete
  5. Thanks for your honest review. I would love to try this but unfortunately we don't have it yet in the drugstore :(

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com | Latest post: Propolis For Acne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh noo! Keep an eye out for it lovely and I hope you can find it somewhere soon! x

      Delete
  6. I love my Bioderma so much but as it's so pricey I bought the L'Oreal one to see how it'd compare but I really didn't like it. The Garnier one sounds a lot more promising, and it can't believe how much product you get for your money either, it's amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give Garnier a go Gemma! I prefer it to L'Oreal the more I use it. It lasts so much longer as well! x

      Delete
  7. I really didn't get on well with the L'Oreal one so tried this Garnier one and I've been using it for months! Such a bargain product x

    ReplyDelete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig